Talk

Advanced search

School clothing grants

(7 Posts)
ihatecbeebies Mon 13-Jun-11 15:10:44

I'm guessing that the amount wont be the same for every council but they'll be around the same amount I think, how much is usually awarded?

ihatecbeebies Mon 13-Jun-11 15:34:18

I meant to say sorry that I was looking for clothing grant amounts in the UK

TheHumanCatapult Mon 13-Jun-11 16:14:04

clothing grant for what ? school uniform if so you are kdding right most areas have no grants for it

ihatecbeebies Mon 13-Jun-11 17:06:42

Yeah it is a grant to help out with school uniform, we get free school meals too but you need to be on a low income/benefits etc to qualify - I'm still a student so I can get it.

GypsyMoth Mon 13-Jun-11 18:39:03

£25 for new school,£15 for existing school here. Yearly. Only one a year granted but we have 3 tier system here,so 3 separate schools to get through

TheHumanCatapult Mon 13-Jun-11 20:00:05

ah they stopped it ages ago here

crazymum53 Tue 14-Jun-11 20:07:27

Most councils stopped this years ago.
It is a discretionary award so depends on your circumstances- free school meals does not mean you qualify automatically. Many councils may take the view that you have chosen to be a student whereas a family with a disabled parent who is unable to work is more deserving of this type of grant.
For primary school uniform is usually fairly inexpensive and the supermarket brands are good value. For secondary schools there are often second-hand uniform shops which helps keep the cost down.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now