Talk

Advanced search

solihull school

(11 Posts)
Herecomesthesciencebint Sat 11-Jun-11 20:29:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

elphabadefiesgravity Sat 11-Jun-11 20:36:47

Possibly becasue Solihull have their own prep (junior school) and if you gain a place at age 7 you stay in the school throughout so not that many Year 7 places available.

Herecomesthesciencebint Sat 11-Jun-11 22:05:42

elphabadefiesgravity Sat 11-Jun-11 22:15:51

I think at Warwick they still have to pass the 11 plus even if they are in the junior school.

I don't have any direct experience though, I used to work in the area but no longer.

Herecomesthesciencebint Sun 12-Jun-11 21:30:26

bitsyandbetty Mon 13-Jun-11 12:45:43

My DS only swims there but does not attend so I have an interest in the school. It is very popular but does not have enough places and was rated by Ofsted to be exceptional. It is currently hoping to extend to accomodate more children. The parents seem to be very happy with the school.

bitsyandbetty Mon 13-Jun-11 12:47:40

The other thing I would point out about some of the preps and I know some of the parents. Many children are there purely to get into the Birmingham/Stratford grammar schools. As somebody said if you are happy to commit to full-time private fees most would just use Solihull School prep.

myron Mon 13-Jun-11 17:11:05

3 form entry so quite a large year group for the juniors

MovingtoSolihull Mon 13-Jun-11 21:55:57

Uh Oh ...

I'm moving here in September ... whats the negative press you mention ?

I was impressed when I looked around, but you are worrying me now.

Do you have any views on both the prep schools nearby ?

zeus123 Mon 13-Jun-11 22:57:25

we were looking to move to solihull few years back and I wasmsuggested to look into elevenplus forum -so you could try there.

Herecomesthesciencebint Tue 14-Jun-11 22:52:42

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: