Talk

Advanced search

Further Educaion

(2 Posts)
dawn5 Fri 10-Jun-11 07:06:48

Hiya this is my 1st time so please be gentle with me!!!
I am wanting to start a new career after spending 9 years at home raising my family, I originally wanted to train as a teaching assistant, but now am unsure as to what to do.
I would love to do midwifery but unsure how to get started, or weather I should just stick to teaching assistant, as the hours would suit better as I have 5 children aged 9 and under.confused
Advice would be appreciated.
Regards

fraktious Fri 10-Jun-11 07:18:12

Have you looked into the training you would need to do for both? Can you afford it, especially the childcare you would need for midwifery.

Midwifery is likely to be Access+3 year degree and very competitive to get onto the course. You're also tied to working shifts over which you have no control during those 3 years.

TA you should be able to train on the job for the most part however getting a job with no experience or qualifications may be problematic. The upside, of course, is that the hours/holidays would suit you better.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: