Talk

Advanced search

Secondary Schools in N. Staffs/S. Cheshire/Stoke

(2 Posts)
NstaffsScheshMum Tue 31-May-11 20:08:58

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has any insights into schools around N staffs and S cheshire (specifically Alsager)? We haven't been here long and have 3DDs aged 10, 9 and 7. We've given Alsager school a closer look but feel its just too big for our DDs, especially DD2, she's quite young for her age in many respects. I think she could easily fall into a 'bad crowd' and not do so well. All girls are bright (DD1 is on level 5bs across the board already and DD2 is on 5c, 5c, 4a at the end of yr 4).

I don't work (apart from a little freelance) so can take the girls to school up to about 15-20 miles (if good roads) but we have no idea what the options are! We go to church weekly so would be ok at least to try for faith schools, DDs are christened etc (we're catholic) and can afford 3 sets of school fees if private is the best fit!

HELP! smile

EmmaNicole Tue 31-May-11 21:38:01

I live in Staffordshire so would recommend....St Joseph's in Trent Vale (Stoke on Trent) is excellent - Catholic, non-fee paying, children must take an entrance exam. Newcastle under Lyme school is also excellent - also has an entrance exam but it is fee-paying. I'm not sure about Cheshire.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: