Talk

Advanced search

So what do you think?

(4 Posts)
asdx2 Wed 25-May-11 12:43:43

On Friday ds will be leaving the wonderful ASD unit where he has been a member for the past five years.

At the end of each year I always send wine, flowers and chocs for the head and each of the TAs and intend to do the same on Friday.

However because ds will be leaving for good I was going to put a donation to the unit inside my letter of thanks for the Head and TAs to use as they see fit maybe equipment, or extras or an outing perhaps so long as it benefits the unit I don't care tbh as a thank you and to remember ds.

Now do you think the unit would be ok with that or would they prefer to have the donation split between them personally? (difficult because some have a lot more input into ds than others and I don't want to offend)

Don't want to buy a specific item as I don't know what's needed so it will have to be cash donation really.Any thoughts?

goinggetstough Wed 25-May-11 13:53:53

I think the Unit would view either as a very thoughtful and generous gesture. It is probably easier to give it to the Head of the Unit.
Good luck to your DS in the future.

lovecheese Thu 26-May-11 14:11:39

What a lovely idea, and agree with goinggetsough.

asdx2 Fri 27-May-11 13:50:49

Well sent the donation to the head today. He was hugely grateful and they will be purchasing a substantial bit of kit as a permanent reminder of ds and letting me know of the details when they have it.He was very touched and surprised so it's made my day smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now