Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

FEENIE!!! can i pick your brains please?

(10 Posts)

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Feenie Tue 19-Apr-11 14:36:21

Yes, how can I help? smile

Feenie Tue 19-Apr-11 14:48:59

It depends on how the prospective high school deal with SAT results, and every high school is different - some use the SAT score, some use the teacher assessment and some ignore them altogether and do their own tests.

If they do stream using SAT results, they would be more likely to stream separately for Maths and English. And they would prrobably use a combined English SAT score, which in your ds's case could be a 4a, or possibly a 5c depending on how high a level 5 his reading was.

Hope this helps. smile

lovecheese Sat 23-Apr-11 15:34:21

OP, my DH is a secondary Head and they set in year 7 on, primarily, SAT results. He says that it is the writing element that they look at more than anything else; sorry if that is not what you want to hear, hope he gets his 4b.

lovecheese Sat 23-Apr-11 16:02:41

With a 4b/c? No way! Other schools may use different criteria eg. a combined score as Feenie says.

candleshoe Sat 23-Apr-11 16:04:58

Having worked in Junior and Senior schools - I can say most of them put all the assessment/reports/results from junior schools straight into the back of a filing cabinet and then do their own assessments! Tragic waste of time - but true!

cookingenthusiast2 Wed 19-Feb-14 22:45:18

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now