Talk

Advanced search

Ashford School Kent

(7 Posts)
Claridges Sun 20-Mar-11 17:26:28

Hi there we are thinking of moving to Kent and I was wondering if anyone had any views on Ashford School. Also any thoughts on the nicest villages to live around Ashford?

sue52 Sun 20-Mar-11 22:52:56

Don't know about Ashford School but Tenterden is a lovely place to live and has a Waitrose and a good leisure center.

NoWayNoHow Sun 20-Mar-11 23:00:23

The Ashford School is a very good school but it is private AFAIK?

Areas around Ashford to look at include Chartham/Wye/Challock/Boughton Aluph/Boughton Lees - all lovely.

michaelaB Wed 23-Mar-11 21:21:09

Ashford school has recently been awarded independent school of the year. Great place with happy kids who do well. Not toffy nosed and a good social and cultural mix. Great junior school that has recently been rebuilt so now in fantastic buildings in a spacious green campus. Both children at the school. Both challenged and fulfilled. Endless opportunities eg children have been to China, USA, Barbados, Spain, France, Germany for sports, music, culture and leadership training. School sums up it's approach as Adventurous Learning and puts equal emphasis on academic and other achievements. Most leavers go to good uk and world unis. Highly recommend for day and boarding and only 35min from St Pancras.

Claridges Fri 25-Mar-11 20:50:31

thanks very much, very helpful advice

NinkyNonker Sun 27-Mar-11 22:05:35

Ahhh, one of my old schools!

Lots of lovely areas, I commuted from Whitstable which was about 40 minutes, so maybe a bit far.

MumpyMum Sat 18-Jun-11 22:30:46

Would second opinion of michaelaB...
Totally ih love with the Prep School where my son is a pupil - and the Senior School seems to turn out really confident polished students. Great musical performances and much better atmosphere now they take boys as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now