Talk

Advanced search

School run to Edge Grove School

(5 Posts)
Hurby Thu 03-Mar-11 11:32:35

Are there any parents taking their children to Edge Grove from any HA postcode?

I am stunned by the amount of heavy traffic on any of the accessing roads - a bare 8 mile journey takes me more than an hour between 8 and 9 in the morning. The school told me that their school buses take pupils from St Albans and Barnet only, not from our side of Watford.

Have you got any tips about how you beat the traffic to Aldenham without having to leave home at a silly hour and without having to move house? Any replies or comments would be very much appreciated, thank you.

nokissymum Tue 29-Mar-11 17:08:23

Hi, a bit like hurby,my sons will be starting at edgegrove in september 2011, we are in cheshunt (en8), junction 25 of the m25 and wondered if there is anyone out there within our area who would be willing to share school runs. thank you.

Hurby Thu 12-May-11 22:17:37

Nokissymum, did you ask the school to put you in touch with other people living near you? I did so (no contacts as yet) and I will be asking again before September. I know that some parents pay friends/minders/neighbours to drive their kids to school -surely they should be happy the share the costs.

carlyn41 Fri 10-Jun-11 15:03:55

Hello, Iam looking for someone who may be interested in sharing the school run to Edge Grove school. My husband drives my son in the morning to school on his way to work in London. Me being American in this country I dont drive. Only in America. smile My son will be in recepetion this coming September 2011. I know there was talk about extending another bus route.
I live in Napsbury Park ( St. Albans London Colney) AL2 post code. Anyone interested please drop me a note.

nokissymum Thu 16-Jun-11 13:49:14

hi hurby! thanks for your post. i spoke to the bursar who said the school bus drops children as far as potters bar, so we were looking at that angle. i am yet to ask school to see if any parents live in cheshunt.

have you managed to sort some thing out ?

carlyn41 hope you find someone to share with soon, we a q good few miles away from you. there should be lots of people in your neck of the woods.
good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now