Talk

Advanced search

Norman court, Salisbury.

(14 Posts)
tulip27 Tue 01-Mar-11 14:16:39

Anyone know anything about this school? Looking at it for ds and dd starting in sept.

TalkinPeace2 Tue 01-Mar-11 14:31:39

A friends DD went there.
Loved it. Went on to Godolphin and is now at Peter Symonds.
Parents were happy with it too.

grovel Tue 01-Mar-11 14:44:04

A happy school which can both help the less able and win scholarships to top academic schools.

tulip27 Tue 01-Mar-11 21:24:22

grovel, do you have children there?

spaggsuk Thu 03-Mar-11 10:28:25

Hi Tulip27,

Went on a tour there and liked it. However, discovered a wonderful school very near called Sandroyd.

Really lovely feel - worth a visit - they use to make children in Year 7 & 8 fully board - but from Sept 2011 -that is stopping.

My DS is going for a trial day next week.

Also, one of my friends DS goes to Norman Court - she is also a teacher - word is they do NOT like the HEad and he may be on the way out - just a polite word of warning.

erebus Fri 04-Mar-11 12:30:56

Isn't Norman Court the school of choice for a lot of military families?

tulip27 Fri 04-Mar-11 13:14:05

Thanks spaggsuk, will have a look at that other school. Thought Norman court had only just changed heads.
Don't know about the military family thing, will that make a difference?

tulip27 Wed 16-Mar-11 14:27:31

bump

maisie8 Thu 17-Mar-11 15:05:14

I have had a DS and DD at Norman Court. You should definitely go because we love it and all parents I know think the Head is GREAT. He is quite new and I think no way will he move - the school is on the up.

mummynoseynora Thu 17-Mar-11 15:09:41

The head changed about a year ago and he's very proactive - seems to be there to stay

I don't know about the proportion of military kids there, of the few we know there none are military.

zestymum Fri 18-Mar-11 09:13:46

There is so much to say about Norman Court School. It is an amazing school that helps all children to acheive their potential. I have a DS and two DD there currently. I looked at many schools, chose this one and have not been disappointed.

The Head is supportive and very well liked - by the children too. The teaching team are absolutely AMAZING.

There are some military children there and some children from overseas. This adds to the depth and breadth of the overall education.

Make and appointment with the Head to look around, you don't need to wait for the open days.

Gremlinmaker Mon 21-Mar-11 13:41:01

Norman Court School , Salisbury
Hi Tulip 27.
Norman Court is a gentle truly nurturing school environment.This is often seen as a weakness by outsiders! I'm not sure why,to me it is it's biggest strength. All my children have thrived there,and have hugely benefited from a happy non pressured childhood. Something which is a rarity these days. Yet I'm delighted to say the academic results have also been a joy so I can tell you the end product is everything you could hope for.As for the Headmaster,I really hope that he stays for a long time. He is a true educationalist with a great sense of humour.
I highly recommend the school well worth a closer look.

withagoat Tue 22-Mar-11 22:17:28

Is thus an advert? It's cream of salisbury. Rich and thick.

OutnumberedinHants Wed 22-Jun-11 14:13:31

My elder son is about to complete his 10th year at Norman Court which says it all. Very pleased with the all round education and nurturing. All year 8s going to first choice schools. Setting is beautiful and school makes use of this wonderfully - not just sport, but all outdoor activities, wildlife, animals, adventure, wide games etc. Added to that the school has fantastic music staff, witness the recent inspirational summer concert and drama opportunities are increasing too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now