Talk

Advanced search

Interesting. Since I got to the end of my very long teather and demanded some help from school with DD2 I have had 2 separate phone calls about her behaviour.

(6 Posts)
TheYuleLogLady Thu 09-Dec-10 19:19:00

Long and tedious tale of DD and years of on and off school refusal, probably AS, behaviour in school, when she goes, fine, out of school dreadful.

I have asked over and over again for some sort of help getting her to school and have had nothing at all back.

This week I finally spoke to someone sane who has arranged a meeting for next week.

Since then I have had 2 phone calls from different people telling me about her disruptive behaviour in class.

First time behaviour in school has ever been mentioned by anyone. Sure she occasionally has had a detention in school for talking in class but this week apparently been dsrupting teaching and throwing pens around.

Coincidence?

How do I keep this meeting constructive?

TheYuleLogLady Thu 09-Dec-10 19:21:00

Also interesting was them not knowing DD was waiting for assessment, despite me telling them and CAMHS trying to arrange a meeting months ago which they never got around to doing.

Day before yesterday on the phone I reminded them about this.

Another coincidence that suddenly her behaviour in class is a problem?

Am I paranoid?

animula Thu 09-Dec-10 20:29:31

Tsk.

No advice re. positive. But shouldn't they be helping arrange that assessment, YuleLogLady? My knowledge of SN and SEN is limited (I think you might be better posting this in SN, where there are people --battle-weary-- more experienced who may offer advice) but even in that limited experience, all my friends have had the school pushing that assessment.

Maybe the positive way to spin it is to say "Yes! I'm so glad we're agreed that there is an issue! Now, let's draw up a written plan of what you are going to do to help. And, it possible, let's put dates on the "to do" column, so I can get back to you, on a regular basis, to see how it's progressing." Or something.

TheYuleLogLady Thu 09-Dec-10 20:46:00

thanks. have linked SN to this too.

i have to try to be positive and constructive and not cry and shout.

TheYuleLogLady Mon 13-Dec-10 18:07:04

bumpety bump. have meeting tomorrow and wobbling and may cry.

mrz Mon 13-Dec-10 19:13:41

Make a note of any incidents reported as you may need this as evidence for extra support.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now