Talk

Advanced search

Not sure how to react to this issue

(9 Posts)
KatyMac Tue 30-Nov-10 13:59:33

DD is in Choir & choral group & has private lessons of the teacher

They were doing a concert in town tonight & tomorrow

Spoke to the teacher last night to cancel a lesson & she said see you at the concert

I got a phone call to say DD couldn't go to the concert because she hadn't returned the form & DD was quite upset

I phoned back to say I'll sign a form & take her to town to join in....the school spoke to a different teacher who said she couldn't go because she missed the practise on Friday (scheduled day off school to attend Blackpool)

Now I don't think I'm cross because she missed the concert because she didn't attend the practise but I think I am a bit upset she was told she couldn't go because I hadn't signed the form & either way could someone not have told her she couldn't go before she was stepping on to the bus this morning

Oh I guess I am over reacting; it just seems mean

KatyMac Tue 30-Nov-10 14:35:42

I really am being silly aren't I?

Sorry

KatyMac Tue 30-Nov-10 15:38:40

OK - DD is home from school & devastated sad

HeroWantage Tue 30-Nov-10 15:45:33

Could you possibly speak to her music teacher again? She seemed to think that your dd would be there, after all

KatyMac Tue 30-Nov-10 15:49:58

She missed the trip - they went off at about 10

SandStorm Tue 30-Nov-10 15:51:15

It seems extremely mean to me - how much could she have possibly missed in one practice? I'd push on this one.

KatyMac Tue 30-Nov-10 16:16:01

Seems mean to me too sad

HeroWantage Tue 30-Nov-10 16:18:28

I'd keep trying too. Seems a bit petty

onceamai Thu 02-Dec-10 11:55:13

Too late now but I'd have gone straight to school, signed the form and driven my daughter to where the concert was being held. Would then have taken it up with the Head directly.

Pettiness gone mad although they should have had the form for H&S and risk assessment type stuff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now