Talk

Advanced search

How to give feedback as parent to Ofsted ?

(11 Posts)
gingeroots Mon 29-Nov-10 18:59:56

DS's school have sent a group text to all parents re an Ofsted inspection this week .
They ask that forms given out today to pupils be completed and returned tomorrow .
DS has not brought forms home ( he remembers teacher talking about them ,but at the time he was at other end of room recording measurements for experiment ).
So how can I give Ofsted my views - email Ofsted direct ?
Any advice ?
I have asked school ,but no response yet .
( probably rushing around for inspection )

EvilTwins Mon 29-Nov-10 19:01:34

Wait and see if you can get the form tomorrow. No point in emailing Ofsted direct.

gingeroots Mon 29-Nov-10 20:12:08

Think I'll have to communicate direct though - otherwise every chance my views won't be heard .

EvilTwins Mon 29-Nov-10 20:17:26

Are you able to go into school tomorrow? Or put a note in DS's bag asking for them?

If you try to communicate directly with Ofsted, you might get lost in "general comments" and it might not tie up with the specific inspectors who are dealing with the school.

mrz Mon 29-Nov-10 20:54:50

Your communication with Ofsted is unlikely to get to the team who will be conducting the inspection and who will write the report which will be filed with Ofsted. Two separate organisations I'm afraid.

activate Mon 29-Nov-10 20:55:58

go on then what are your views

mrz Mon 29-Nov-10 21:13:58

Wouldn't it be easier to phone the school and explain your son hasn't got the form or maybe call at the office and fill it in ?

gingeroots Tue 30-Nov-10 06:35:52

I have contacted the school and am waiting to hear back . I imagine they're busy .
Oh well ,don't imagine my comments would make much difference !

Avantia Tue 30-Nov-10 06:58:03

We had an ofsted inspection last and the questionnaire was emailed to all parents as well as a hard copy in school bags.

OFSTED obviously supply an electronic copy so get office to email you one if necessary .

Effective communication a comment you are likely to make ? smile

I wonder whether there is a copy on the OFSTED website ? just a thought . Dont have the email any more so sorry can't forward it to you.

Avantia Tue 30-Nov-10 07:08:29

'ofsted inspection last week ' I meant to saygrin

gingeroots Tue 30-Nov-10 09:14:32

Avantia ,thanks .
Have now downloaded form from Ofsted website .

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: