StarlightMcKenzie Fri 26-Nov-10 16:07:37

Message withdrawn

StarlightMcKenzie Fri 26-Nov-10 16:42:01

Message withdrawn

StarlightMcKenzie Fri 26-Nov-10 17:51:19

Message withdrawn

amateurmum Fri 26-Nov-10 17:53:32

As a teacher - I wouldn't!

However, our SENCO has a say in how IEPs are written. Perhaps your child's teacher has had to change it.

pozzled Fri 26-Nov-10 17:55:24

Ermm there's no way I would do that.

If a parent of one of my pupils gave me an appropriate, SMART written IEP, I would a) probably faint and b) Receive it very gratefully, and start acting on it.

Could it be that the teacher concerned was happy with it, but someone else (such as the SENCO) doesn't agree and they have had to change it? I would be pressing for an appointment with the teacher, and if this didn't happen in the next few days go to the SENCO or other senior member of staff.

StarlightMcKenzie Fri 26-Nov-10 17:56:26

Message withdrawn

madwomanintheattic Fri 26-Nov-10 17:59:37

<depressed>

print out another copy of your original, having altered the one target as agreed. sign that and send it back in, with a sticky on, asking for the teacher to sign and return to you, as previously agreed.

<sigh>

shred the other one, after taking a copy for your evidence file. (i know that's vaguely contradictory, but it'll be soooooooo satisfying to destroy it, even if you do need it for future discussion)

pozzled Fri 26-Nov-10 18:00:05

SENCO and class teacher approved it and have now changed it beyond all recognition?

Did the IEP involve a great deal for the school to provide in terms of time and resources? Are they trying to weasel out of their obligation to provide for your DC by making the targets so meaningless?

Don't have any answers I'm afraid, but you are fully entitled to an explanation.

amateurmum Fri 26-Nov-10 18:01:05

Well if the SENCO was there and it was agreed then I can't understand it at all.

Perhaps the teacher lost it and replaced it with what she thought she could remember.

I would be asking for an appointment asap.

madwomanintheattic Fri 26-Nov-10 18:02:15

in fact, on your sticky, say 'oops, it looks as though you have inadvertently sent out a draft, rather than our version as agreed at the meeting xx Nov 2010. hope you don't mind - i've printed it out for you and amended as agreed - i know you're v. busy. grateful if i could have a signed copy for my records, love starlight x'

StarlightMcKenzie Fri 26-Nov-10 18:09:59

Message withdrawn

StarlightMcKenzie Fri 26-Nov-10 18:12:44

Message withdrawn

madwomanintheattic Fri 26-Nov-10 18:12:47

nah. senco will have rewritten so that's in line with all the others. can't have one with smart targets messing up the status quo...

StarlightMcKenzie Fri 26-Nov-10 18:32:50

Message withdrawn

StarlightMcKenzie Fri 26-Nov-10 19:31:59

Message withdrawn

StarlightMcKenzie Fri 26-Nov-10 19:50:56

Message withdrawn

StarlightMcKenzie Fri 26-Nov-10 20:22:39

Message withdrawn

StarlightMcKenzie Fri 26-Nov-10 21:12:14

Message withdrawn

MyBrilliantCareer Sat 04-Dec-10 23:21:21

This was from an Annual Review meeting then?

Difficult to comment on the appropriateness of the targets without knowing what the targets are - which I'm not expecting you to post on here.

Did the targets fit in with the proforma that they had to use? That's the only thing I could think of.

Failing that, ring/email and have a conversation about it. If that doesn't work, contact the borough so that any deadlines for finalising it can be waived.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now