Talk

Advanced search

You tube - Can schools access this?

(4 Posts)
dietqueen Fri 12-Nov-10 13:10:57

Calling all teachers how do you view promotional videos that are sent to you via email....Just wondering if you access You Tube or is there another type of site Teachers can access videos? I want to send some promotional emails out with a link

babybouncer Fri 12-Nov-10 22:33:48

It depends on the individual school ICT system. We can access YouTube, but sometimes this is blocked on school systems. But teachers can always try and access them at home if they're interested.

clam Sat 13-Nov-10 10:47:52

All access to YouTube is blocked in our LEA, and even when I've downloaded stuff at home, it will not run on school system.

DinahRod Sat 13-Nov-10 10:55:35

Is it specific schools you want to contact or a more blanket approach? If individual you could contact the school ICT techs directly.

Teachign staff on laptops in my school can access Youtube but pupils can't, however, there is a level of filtering. But it's different for differing schools and LEAs.

Am not techy but there are programs you can put Youtube clips in - my students do it when giving presentations.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now