Talk

Advanced search

Any teachers teaching 0ne 2 one tuition

(4 Posts)
geogteach Fri 12-Nov-10 09:43:29

Is anyone teaching on the government sponsered one 2 one programe available to schools at the moment?
I did a bit of training last term and have been contacted by a school to go for an interview next week. Wondered how anyone doing it was finding it and am particularly interested to hear from anyone who is not trained in maths or English who is doing it at secondary.

inkyfingers Fri 12-Nov-10 20:41:07

I'm doing it ATM in secondary. I really enjoy it, but very different (obv) to classroom approach in many ways.

My teaching experience is not in English, but have degree in it. Most of the approach is functional skills - spelling, punctuation unsurprisingly. You need to be familiar with APP and the Assessment Focuses. Most pupils need to work on their writing but also some reading targets (how to approach different texts, understanding what the author intends and choice of language). Class teacher ought to give direction on what pupil needs and you should stick close to that. But some will be very vague, so you need to identify weak areas and design a plan yourself.

geogteach Fri 19-Nov-10 17:53:42

Thanks only just noticed the response. Am starting when CRB comes through, will be a steep learning curve but looking forward to it.

mnistooaddictive Fri 19-Nov-10 20:20:23

I did Maths last year but am a Maths teacher so it was familiar to me. I found I spent a long time planning and producing resources as you are not meantr to just use ordinary classroom resources.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now