Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

would you question feedback?

(6 Posts)
mel1981 Wed 04-Nov-09 21:42:45

I recently sold an item for just over £1 buyer paid straight away. I dint manage to send it until the 6th day (I stated in my listing I aim to post in 2-3 days but also selected the 5 days option in the drop down list to cover my back too). I only charge about 30p extra to cover packing etc. But if it was delayed further that would of been due to postal strikes- not my fault.
They left neutral feedback basically saying they agreed with the condition of the item.
So im wondering why I only got neutral?
And am wanting to ask just out of curiousity really- I know its their choice what they leave but im not convinced they really have reason to of left neutral.
wwyd?

whomovedmychocolatecookie Wed 04-Nov-09 21:57:00

I would ask myself - you have nothing to lose, they may actually ask to have both sets of feedback withdrawn. I think it's really off to leave neutral or negative feedback without getting in touch.

busybutterfly Wed 04-Nov-09 22:14:43

Did you contact them to let them know it would be later than 2-3 days? If you didn't send it til the 6th day it may not have arrived til much later than they'd expected.

OTOH, have seen people leave neutral when everything was ok, they obviously think a positive is for an out of this world ebay experience hmm

busybutterfly Wed 04-Nov-09 22:28:29

Ooh, just went onto ebay and I bought something on the 29th - £4 postage 1st class recorded - seller has just contacted me to say she's only posted it today cos of the strikes.
I think that's really bad, she should have let me know earlier. Grrr.
Won't leave neutral unless item stinks of fags though. I hate that! angry

mel1981 Wed 04-Nov-09 23:34:27

I know busybutterfly I brought some kids clothes (that took 3 weeks to turn up& not due to postal strikes) and she said from a smoke free home but still smells of smoke!?! and they were dirty angry I always wash items before I post them.

The delay is the only thing I can think of TBH so will probably ask just incase. & no I didnt email to let her know it would be longer. but on the same note it wasnt a set despatch time so I dont see how a few more days would really matter- but I can see your point if she was waiting on it for a certain time then maybe.

busybutterfly Thu 05-Nov-09 11:09:16

Was having a bad day yesterday but all better now! Item arrived and smelt lovely. grin
OP I probably wouldn't waste time worrying about a neutral. It doesn't affect your scores, does it? Put it down to them having a bad day (and no, I wasn't your buyer!) grin grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now