Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Couriers that deliver to scottish highlands?

(7 Posts)
flier Thu 29-Oct-09 22:41:16

I have registered with a couple of courier companies recommended on here but they don't seem to deliver the size of package I need to the highlands - but if I say it is for delivery to UK Mainland then it will deliver.

So, anyone used a courier company who WILL deliver up here?

sausagesupper Thu 29-Oct-09 22:44:25

i live on scottish island, dhl will deliver here, also parcelforce... in fact all the courier companies, except they contract it out to local firms, so it comes in a lorry that says "oban express" instead of dhl or whatever.
hth

sausagesupper Thu 29-Oct-09 22:47:52

sorry forgot to say, if you are sending to scottish highlands and islands, you need to pay more than for mainland uk, so if you are a seller, you need to charge more to cover the additional costs

YourCallIsImportant Thu 29-Oct-09 22:48:30

The highlands is 'the mainland'. hmm

flier Thu 29-Oct-09 22:51:26

yes the highlands is the mainland, but the courier companies still like to charge us exorbitant fees hmm

flier Thu 29-Oct-09 22:51:56

thanks sausagesupper, will look at dhl in the morning

sausagesupper Thu 29-Oct-09 22:55:06

oh and the only other thing is it takes longer, dhl aims for 3-5 days instead of next day to where we live. It seems to be totally random, we do actually live on an island but lots of others technically live on the "mainland" but still get stung for delivery charges!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now