Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

recieved item not as described, now what?

(9 Posts)
petitmaman Thu 29-Oct-09 12:11:11

I have just bought a skirt for dd from ebay. it has arrived and is age 18 24 months. on the title of the item description it says age 2 3 years. there is no description as such so doesn't say bigger than it says for age or anything iyswim. dd is 2.5 and skirt is too small but listing does say no returns accepted. if item is reported wrongly then surely i am within my rights to return?
I was going to email seller to saying want a refund inc postage both ways and i will send it back to her. does this sound fair? if not will report to ebay.
I am a seller too and value my 100% positive feedback. wwyd? TIA

tethersend Thu 29-Oct-09 12:18:35

Email the seller, asking for a refund- unfortunately, this will have to be done at your expense. Stating 'no returns' is just rubbish. The item is not as described.

You could always word the email as 'you may have sent me the wrong item, as it is a different size' and see what they say. send all messages through ebay to keep a record.

If she does not respond, report her to ebay, and you should get your money back via paypal.

Sellers cannot leave negative feedback for buyers, so don't worry about that. If they leave a false positive, ebay will remove it.

You are in the right over this...

petitmaman Thu 29-Oct-09 12:40:42

thank you will send her a message now saying think the worng item has been sent and see what the reply is.

sixlostmonkeys Thu 29-Oct-09 13:28:30

if you return it remember to use trackable eg recorded delivery

busybutterfly Thu 29-Oct-09 20:19:44

I had something similar recently - I bought something that was in lovely condition expect it had a small hole. As it was wool I didn't want to repair it.

I emailed the seller and explained, asking them for their thoughts - they asked me to send it back (they paid all postage to and from) and were, I have to say, jolly nice about it.

Sent it back signed for as well, no point in not having proof it arrived!

Good luck smile

IdrisTheDragon Fri 30-Oct-09 01:40:05

They could well have put it in age 2-3 as it is much more expensive to list an item in the baby section than from age 2-3 upwards. This in no way excuses them, but could well be the reason.

petitmaman Fri 30-Oct-09 08:12:43

but they listed it as age 2 3 when it it is actually 18 24 mmonths. i need 2 3.

IdrisTheDragon Fri 30-Oct-09 10:34:08

Maybe it fitted their DD when they were 2-3? I do agree they shouldn't, or should at least have included some explanation.

TheDevilEatsBabies Fri 30-Oct-09 10:40:25

i agree with tether: tell them they've sent the worng size by mistake and you'll send it back if they can send you the right size.

if they can't/won't, then ask for a refund.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now