Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Do you think I will get a refund for these boots?

(13 Posts)

Taken delivery of some boots this morning, all lovely and really liked them, went to put the first boot on, undid the zip and the tag comes away in my hand and the bit the tag attaches to has sheared off. I imagine they are unrepairable without that part?

Have sent a message to the seller, not asked to return/refund as yet, just enough to open up communication but wondered wether they could turn it round and say it was my fault, that I was too rough etc and broke it.

If I were the seller I really don't know that I would offer a refund if I am honest. I would say they were sent in condition described and the bidder broke them.

WWYD if you were the seller?

you Fri 23-Oct-09 15:42:31

Well as a seller I wouldn't particulary want to refund either tbh, but aussuming you paid via PP, they'll have to. If you don't a reply from seller open a dispute saying they're not fit for purpose. Make sure you return them to seller via recorded delivery and PP will refund your money.

you Fri 23-Oct-09 15:43:02

Sorry, if you don't get a reply...

ChilloHippi Fri 23-Oct-09 15:46:36

Did they come from an Ebay shop?

Of course I don't know if the part that broke had been broken before and just wedged on and wrapped up, or if it happened in transit, the boots were in a grey posting bag, not wrapped inside it, or padded out for protection or anything.

LauraIngallsWilder Fri 23-Oct-09 15:48:29

How much did you pay?
If not much I wouldnt bother tbh
If quite a bit then I would try for a refund

Were they brand new?

Not listed as a business seller although she only appears to sell ladies boots of one brand but in various sizes, so obviously can't be all her own ones as go from 4s upto 8s.

x posting all over the place sorry!

I paid just over £20 not inc P and not new.

you Fri 23-Oct-09 15:52:33

You're entitled to a refund. Open a dispute if she doesn't respond.

LauraIngallsWilder Fri 23-Oct-09 15:57:04

Id go for a refund then perhaps- if not new and over £20

You can but try

I guess it depends how brutal you were

ChilloHippi Fri 23-Oct-09 16:00:24

How strange to sell second hand footwear that isn't her own, or is that just me?
As they aren't her own boots, I would go for a refund.

Correction, upto a size 10. Either she has weird shaped feet or they aren't all her own wink

I don't want to be brutal, I'm a seller myself and want to be fair .

I don't really want to return/refund as these boots are fantastic and it took me ages to find some like them had a look and among the many many pairs she has there aren't any more of these style/shape.

Maybe I will take them to the cobblers and see if repairable, maybe she'd go fo the cost of that? Is that fair do you think?

Will let you know what she says.

Been offered refund or replacement, just checking if she does have any of the same still if not will return for a refund so am happy with that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now