Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Help please - what do I do re: item not as described?

(5 Posts)
Tidey Wed 21-Oct-09 16:41:44

I know this is probably my own for being so stupid, but I bought an iPod nano a couple of days ago that was listed as 'partially working'. The listing said it wouldn't play through a speaker dock, but would sync with computer and play through headphones fine.

I received it today and the part where the USB cable plugs in is clearly damaged, so you can't plug it into the computer to copy music onto it, and this is also how it charges, so it is completely unusable. Not what I inferred from the listing. Had he made it clear that you couldn't plug it in, I obviously wouldn't have bought it.

I have contacted the seller, but have had no reply as yet. If he refuses to accept that it's useless, can I still get my money back from PayPal?

madhairgirl Wed 21-Oct-09 16:46:23

If you paid using paypla, you can open a dispute, it is all on their pages. I tried it but it didn't work as I had already sent the item back and opened the dispute after then getting no communication. They will probably want you to return it recorded delivery as then you have proof that the seller gets it back, and then they can refund some or all of your money. Hope that helps

Tidey Wed 21-Oct-09 16:52:52

Thank you, listing said he doesn't accept returns, but I'm hoping his listing was so inaccurate that paypal will still refund me. It had a sticker on the back when I got it which I removed, I know it sounds daft but now I'm worrying that the seller will claim it's not the same one he sent me or something.

madhairgirl Wed 21-Oct-09 16:58:25

If you don't hear anything from the seller then open the dispute and paypal will advise you what to do smile

Tidey Wed 21-Oct-09 17:02:37

Will do, thanks very much for replying.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now