Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Would you put this on ebay or bin it?

(8 Posts)
hotpotmama Mon 19-Oct-09 20:56:32

We have got an american fridge freezer (whirlpool). Was bought with the house when we moved in, probably about 7/8 years old now.

The freezer section sporadically breaks down and then the whole thing needs turning off for a few days to defrost as there's ice where there shouldn't be and this stops the fridge working too as no cold air circulates from the freezer.

When its working its fine but never know when its going to do it, has happened about 4 times in the last year.

Had people out to it but apparently the part that is needed is no longer made.

So would you try and sell it, i would be completely honest and say all of the above or not bother and get it taken away?

LynetteScavo Mon 19-Oct-09 20:57:51

I would freecycle it

ButtercupWafflehead Mon 19-Oct-09 20:58:20

You could list it as spares/repairs

Or

Freecycle/give to one of those charities that take home stuff?

TimothyTigerTuppennyTail Mon 19-Oct-09 20:58:35

I think you'd be wasting your time trying to sell it tbh. Just get rid.

ADragonIs4LifeNotJustHalloween Mon 19-Oct-09 21:00:31

Freecycle.

hotpotmama Mon 19-Oct-09 21:11:09

Ok thought as much myself. Thanks for replies. smile

MunchMummy Mon 19-Oct-09 21:14:07

I would try and sell it on ebay. Starting at 99p you've nothing to lose (doesn't cost at all to list from that price).

We once sold a broken car radio on there for £50 (we clearly said it was broken). Its amazing what some people will buy if its cheap enough.

Carrotfly Tue 20-Oct-09 13:31:02

I bet you've got the same model as me.

Its really rubbish isn't it ?

I would never get one again and tell everyone I know how bad it is.

Mines currently flickering like mad on the digital display, but itrs being ignored its had ££ spent on it over the past few years.

Interesting about the parts being out of date .. I'm beginning to wish I'd kept its extended warranty now and maybe I'd have got a new one !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now