Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Am I reading this correctl, RM won't refund costs for missingAirmail parcels unless sent

(5 Posts)
Saltire Thu 15-Oct-09 15:20:15

International Signed For or Airsure? I am reading it that my normal airmail postage costs won't get refunded,ma I correct?
Missing 2 parcels, and am trying to claim but now wondering if it's worth it. I send recorded to all Uk address, but International signed for is expensive. Both parcels going to Australia, both claiming never arrived, I ahd to of course refund psotage as well as for missing item and have no way of knowing if they turned up

Squishabelle Thu 15-Oct-09 15:32:49

The problem is that the parcels may have gone missing under the control of the Australian Postal System so why would Royal Mail refund if it cannot be proved that they are at fault?. Difficult. Especially with Ebay (and not using a signed for service) - it is common for people to allege they have not received the goods .

southeastastra Thu 15-Oct-09 15:34:54

yes, though we won a dispute where we could prove that the item reached it's destination (hong kong) and paypal didn't refund the buyer.

Saltire Thu 15-Oct-09 15:35:07

squishabelle- thats the problem, i have had so many people claiming that they never received I send everything in this country as recorded

Squishabelle Thu 15-Oct-09 15:40:14

Yes Saltire. I would imagine Royal Mail have been absolutely fleeced by false allegations of non-receipt over the years. You are wise to use Signed for. I do agree though that International signed for is very expensive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now