Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Things that sell well?

(10 Posts)
FlyMeToDunoon Thu 15-Oct-09 11:42:50

Can you make me a list as I need to make some money!
I have sold a lot of bits and bobs but feel there may be things that hadn't occurred to me.
Have done the obvious: DD's clothes esp Boden
Pushchairs and accs.
Shoes
Some of my clothes.

Have gone blank now and am scouring house for odds and sods. Am I staring at a hidden fortune without realising it?
grin

notagrannyyet Thu 15-Oct-09 12:13:27

I need to declutter so I'd be interested too.

Fruitbatlings Thu 15-Oct-09 12:20:24

pretty much anything to do with babies - people will buy anything baby related if they have a newborn (I'm guilty of this too so not an attack on new mothers!)

Designer baby clothes
Breast pumps
Bumbo seats
"top of the range" prams, eg, Bugaboo, P&T, Quinny etc)
Buggy Snuggles (the actual brand not just any old footmuff, although they do sell)
Pushchair accessories, eg, cup holder, buggy clips, changing bags

Can't think of anything else right now, slightly distracted smile

Carrotfly Thu 15-Oct-09 14:29:09

I bought a house with those ghastly ceramic flowery finger push plates on the doors.

Amazingly there was loads of interest and they went for around £20 each !

A golf club,

freebie make up

pizza express vouchers and boots vouchers are some of the more random things I've sold.

WhereYouLeftIt Thu 15-Oct-09 15:18:34

I got rid of a whole load of CDs I didn't listen to any more - it looks like the 80's are fashionable again! Although check out listing them on Amazon as well - sometimes they go for more on there, and it's a lot less hassle to list too.

As Fruitbatlings said, anything baby-related - everybody knows it's not had much wear! I even sold my maternity bras, was completely surprised by how much I got for them.

FlyMeToDunoon Thu 15-Oct-09 16:24:48

So far I have found
A table cloth
Doll's clothes very mixed bag. Have washed them.
Three pairs of children's pyjamas.
One child's bag from Monsoon.

Am eyeing up brass door plates on some of our doors.
grin

Carrotfly Sat 17-Oct-09 15:28:07

Brass door plates are fine, its just those flowery ones I dont like...

<runs from thread before offending anyone else .... >

FlyMeToDunoon Sun 18-Oct-09 16:22:42

I find it bizarre that a bag of mixed doll's clothes is selling well, as is a table cloth and yet an immaculate Monsoon raincoat is attracting no interest at all.
Hey ho.

blueshoes Sun 18-Oct-09 17:10:18

Furniture is good, if attractive. I had a glass dining table bid up from £10 to £100. Storage for toys also good - Nice bright colourful units.

BertieBotts Sun 18-Oct-09 17:13:22

Old magazines, surprisingly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now