Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Uneasy transaction, WWYD?

(5 Posts)
pipme Wed 14-Oct-09 15:52:48

Hi
I would really welcome your thoughts on this.I am a relatively inexperienced seller and have just sold a bag that I described as best I could re colours and included a photo but was really hard to represent colours. Anyway, buyer said she didnt like and that it wasn't bag in photo! I replied saying that if she returned I would give full refund on return. Just messaged me to say she can't be bothered and will list herself and hopes that she will get what she paid for it. I am uneasy about this, am sure she is angling for partial refund ???

Should I offer some back ?( she did buy it now for 50 on good used condition, popular make that is 120 new)

Cheers

ILoveStripeySocks Wed 14-Oct-09 15:55:37

No, leave it as it is. You offered a full refund if she returned, and she has refused, There is nothing else she can do. Even a paypal dispute would require her to send ti back to you.

neenz Wed 14-Oct-09 15:58:50

No if she sells it on then it is her problem. She can't get any refund if she doesn't send the thing back.

WhereYouLeftIt Wed 14-Oct-09 16:06:08

Looks like she was angling for something off, there are some real chancers on eBay these days. You offered a full refund, she refused. Don't offer her anything, it will only encourage her!

The changes to eBay feedback, whereby sellers can't leave negatives, is possibly at the root of this. I have read on some forums that sellers for whom eBay is a business are getting an increasing number of buyers trying stunts like this with the implicit threat that they will ruin seller's 100% feedback rating whilst seller cannot negative them. For a business this can be important, but less so to a private seller (like me).

The worst she can do is leave you negative feedback, to which you can append a note of e.g. "full refund offered, buyer refused".

pipme Wed 14-Oct-09 21:15:58

Thanks everyone x

Feel better for asking and will leave it as it is and see what happens.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now