Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Combined postage nightmare; am I correct?

(3 Posts)
Diege Tue 13-Oct-09 12:49:02

Sold two tops to an American buyer using BIN. They were from 2 separate auctions and she paid for postage for each before I had a chance to combine postage. I noticed this and e-mailed her offering to send a small refund if the tops cost more to send than she had paid for. The postage she sent came to £8.98 and to my surprise when I sent the parcel it cost £11.11p to send shock. I explained that under the circumstances I wouldn't be able to offer a refund and that it's my error so obviously not expecting her to pay any more.
As a buyer I'd think no more (would be secretly pleased and a bit guilty), but would she be correct to still request a discount based on my earlier offer to combine? Or is my sleep-deprived fuddled brain going into overdrive on this??

ADragonIs4LifeNotJustHalloween Tue 13-Oct-09 12:51:59

"offering to send a small refund if the tops cost more to send than she had paid for"

They didn't, thus you don't have to offer a refund.

Diege Tue 13-Oct-09 12:58:28

Yes you're right blush. I've just checked the wording of the message I sent and I did indeed relate any possible refund to the price it would cost to send. Clearly a combination of new baby brain and recent bad buyer experiences! blush. Many thanks for sorting me out grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now