Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Designer handbag but no register number or dust jacket-can I sell it?

(6 Posts)
poshsinglemum Sun 04-Oct-09 21:30:21

I have a lovely mini Louis Vuitton mini handbag in Cherry Blossom that I would love to sell.

I bought it for 350 from a second hand dress circle/exchange about five years ago. It was in mint condition but as I have hardly used it I want to sell it.
I know that ebay requires sellers to provide a serial number and dust jacket in ordre to prove that bag is genuine.

Now I cannot be a hundred percent sure that the bag is genuine as I bought it from a posh second-hand shop but I am pretty sure that it is. It came with a dust jacket which I have now sadly lost and it is excellent quality in real leather, a Louis Vuitton embossed leather mark and a sumptuous suede lining. It really dosn't feel or look like a cheap rip off.

I listed it once but it didn't sell and then I got a message from ebay. Can I still sell this handbag if I am honest in the description that I am not sure if it is genuine or not? Shall I go for it regardless.

If not, is there anywhere else I could sell it. It seems a shame to keep hold of something that I don't use and that could be quite lucrative.

poshsinglemum Sun 04-Oct-09 21:30:57

Sorry I bought it for £50 not 350!

poshsinglemum Sun 04-Oct-09 21:31:55

? sorry bought bad punctuation and spelling!

Knickers0nmaChoppedOffhead Tue 06-Oct-09 12:53:40

bumping in the hope that some one knows how to tell if these are real as I have one grin

kormaAAAARRRRGGHHchameleon Tue 06-Oct-09 12:55:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

poshsinglemum Tue 06-Oct-09 16:59:15

Hang on. No pick as yet. Will work out how do link it later as not listed yet. If it's genuine I want at least £50-£100.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now