Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Do you think I'll ever get this?

(7 Posts)
BingeDrinkerPro Fri 02-Oct-09 08:53:12

Hi all,

I recently won a suitacase (yes a suitcase!) for 4 quid on ebay. The seller was offering free 1st class postage.
When I won the item I was sceptical they would actually send it as surely its going to cost more to post this item than they sold it for. As its not recorded can they pretend they posted it but it got lost??
The seller has said it ws posted on 27/9/09 and so far no item...
I know I'll get a refund from paypal but would much rather have my bargain.
What do you all think?

LoveBeingAMummy Fri 02-Oct-09 08:55:23

It might worth checking with the post office, as though you intend to send one, if a parcel of that size would have to go by some sort of registered post?

Knickers0nmaChoppedOffhead Fri 02-Oct-09 10:45:18

Dont forget about the postal strikes. I had something posted to me on the 23rd 1st class and I only received it yesterday.

Tryharder Fri 02-Oct-09 12:26:19

Mm, I would bet quite a lot of money that it gets "lost" in the post. Similar thing happened to me - I won a designer item of clothing for £1.99 (mine was the only bid) - seller misspelt the item name hence the lack of interest. Seller was offering free P&P. The cost of the postage would have been higher than that. Sure enough, the item never arrived. I informed the seller who promptly refunded. I offered to send the seller a separate written confirmation that I did not recieve the item which they could attach to their Royal Mail compensation form, but unsurprisingly, he/she didn't take me up on my offer.

BingeDrinkerPro Fri 02-Oct-09 14:49:08

That's my feeling exactly Tryharder. Seems strange that they actually stated in my feedback 'posted today - 27th' as if the are covering themselves already. so annoying...

ChopsTheDuck Fri 02-Oct-09 14:53:54

did they have an option on there for collection too?

I've been having a nightmare with ebay, as if you want to post an item using turbo lister and only do it cash on collection, you have to state a price for delivery. I've seen lots of listings with similar problems.

BingeDrinkerPro Sat 03-Oct-09 14:01:54

It arrived today! feel a bit silly now blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now