Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

First time seller - what to expect?

(4 Posts)
IsItMeOr Thu 01-Oct-09 21:57:37

I've got my first ever item listed for sale on ebay, and didn't realise I would know that people are watching my item. There are currently 4 people watching, but no bids. Still 6 days to go in a 7 day auction. Is it likely that some of the watchers will bid?

Also, are there any tips from more experienced sellers of things to look out for? I have listed as collection only, due to size (is common for the item I'm selling).

Thanks!

BertieBotts Thu 01-Oct-09 22:27:41

Yes, most people watch a number of items and then only a few of them will bid, usually in the last days or hours (even minutes) of the listing. As a buyer, I find if I bid too early I am more likely to get outbid by somebody else.

vickiadele Thu 01-Oct-09 22:47:29

4 watching with that many days left is good, happy selling grin

IsItMeOr Fri 02-Oct-09 11:06:27

Ooh thanks for that. I've now got 6 watchers with 5 days to go. Am hopeful will get a sale, as I really want the space it will make!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now