Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

I want to sell a copy of Madonna's (apparently rare) naughty Sex book - prices all over the place on Ebay & Amazon...

(4 Posts)
TheMoistWorldOfSeptimusQuench Mon 28-Sep-09 14:43:36

Long shot, I know, but does anyone know how I find out what it's worth?

Ebay prices seem wildly variable (from a few £ to over £100), and Amazon's go from £90 - £415! shock

I have been trawling Madonna memorabilia sites, but no joy.

It's in fairly good condition (the ring binding is a bit skewiff), original wrapper, with the still-sealed Erotica CD and comic.

I thank you smile

sixlostmonkeys Mon 28-Sep-09 15:39:06

I'd have a look at completed listings on ebay
completed.shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?LH_Complete=1&_nkw=madonna%20sex%20book&_fln=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m28 3&_rdc=1

and see if your book matches any - condition wise etc.

At a quick glance I reckon you are looking at up to £50. i've had a quick look at current listings too and I'd be tempted to list as BIN £48 with inclusive/free P&P.
Starting at £50 for bids probably won't attract enough attention but an instant BIN can do well. Starting too low can be risky as I see a few went for £20ish

Take a good look yourself though - don't take my word for it.

as for Amazon's £90 - £415 - they are just the asking price, not what they have sold for so ebay's completed section is a better guide

hope this helps

TheMoistWorldOfSeptimusQuench Mon 28-Sep-09 16:25:54

Thanks six, that's really helpful. I always forget about completed listings.

'Tis a pretty ghastly item really. But if someone wants to give me £50 for it that's fine wink

PurpleFrog Tue 29-Sep-09 12:16:43

If I were you I would put it on Amazon for £60 or £70 or so. That would undercut all the current sellers and someone might snap up your copy before the other sellers drop their prices. If it doesn't sell on Amazon in a week or so, close the Amazon listing and put it on eBay. It sounds like you have more competition on eBay than Amazon at present.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now