Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Soooo... selling my P&T..

(6 Posts)
pantshavenames Thu 24-Sep-09 09:44:32

And the thread about selling pushchairs has seriously given me the heebie-jeebies. I was going to offer to organise a courier (and came on to see if someone could explain how I do that) but now I'm thinking I should maybe just get COC and play safe. The thing is it's not mint, there are nicks in the handle cover and a small tear in the rain cover, all of which would be put in the description but is that going to cause more problems?

And do couriers come to your house to pick it up?

I wish I never bought it.. I only used it for a couple of months and then DS decided he liked hurtling about like a loon walking smile

ILoveStripeySocks Thu 24-Sep-09 10:00:32

you could try gumtree? or sell it on here?

ebay is not the place to sell COC items, as you can see. too many contradictory rules on ebay.

I have sent prams by courier, they do collect from your home & are fully tracked. Don't send in a bin liner though, kike flibbertys buyer asked! they need to be boxed up well, with bubble wrap on any delicate areas.

Knickers0nmahead Thu 24-Sep-09 10:31:19

I have just sent a p&t by courier. If you are very honest in your description, and take plenty of photos of the ware and tear, you should be fine.

Or sell on here.

pantshavenames Fri 25-Sep-09 16:37:32

Thanks for your help, I'll dig it out of the garage and see just what kind of a state it's in first.

behonest Thu 01-Oct-09 14:39:50

I have sold 4 through Ebay and used parcel2go every time. They are cheap but can be unreliable, not picking up until the day after I've booked after waiting in all day, but the parcel always gets there in one piece and I've never had a complaint. Offering postage will always bring in a greater price than collecting and item, always. Make sure you pack it well, packing more over sharp edges as they can break through the packaging, take the wheels off etc. Even old P&Ts’ go for good money on Ebay. Be sure to take close up pictures of any blemishes and try and let the pictures do the talking. Some unscrupulous ebayer will use your description of the blemishes to get out of the sale and get their money back if you’re not careful. So say something like 'please see the pictures for condition and blemishes'.

Knickers0nmaChoppedOffhead Thu 01-Oct-09 22:11:39

I always use parcel2go and they have never let me down and ever single time have delivered the very next day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now