Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Credit card company have done chargeback via Ebay, any advice?

(5 Posts)
mumhadenough Wed 23-Sep-09 15:08:50

Wahhhhhhhhhhh, i'm so angry as I've tried to be so so so careful!

Sold a few mobile phones, tried to be as careful as possible, setting preferences that must be in UK, must have registered credit card etc etc.

Sold four of them, was really wary about one because of the name and low feedback (under 15) but sent it special delivery anyway. I only did so as person had bought another phone the same as mine and left good feedback for the seller and vice versa.

Have just had a chargeback from credit card company via paypal. Saying it was an authorised transaction. I posted it to the address provided on the Ebay/Paypal transaction (which I just noticed is unverified).

The funds have been put on hold. I've provided them with the Special Delivery Tracking No which is showing online as delivered and with a signature. Albeit not the name I posted to.

Does this mean I'll lose the funds if it was a stolen credit card? After all I've done nothing wrong sad

mumhadenough Wed 23-Sep-09 15:09:29

Sorry chargeback said it was an UNauthorised transaction.

ILoveStripeySocks Wed 23-Sep-09 15:19:03

Im not 100% sure, but I think you are not covered for unauthorised credit card chargebacks, especially with an unverified address

Have you tried ringing Paypal?

mumhadenough Wed 23-Sep-09 15:27:03

Oh bollocks! angry How are you ever supposed to know if a cards been stolen? grrrrrrrr. Thats it, I'm finished with Ebay as a seller for definite!

Thanks for your reply socks, I haven't rung them but have forwarded on what they asked for.

ILoveStripeySocks Wed 23-Sep-09 15:56:54

Id maybe ring them anyway, double check. Id hate to be right

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now