Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Feedback - not sure what to give

(11 Posts)
DrEvil Tue 22-Sep-09 14:05:44

I sold a babysling, one of those wrap ones and took 3 photos including one of a pull in it and said it was well loved.

I lent it to a friend about 3 months ago and washed it when it came back to me then put it away.

The lady who ended up buying it asked a few questions which I answered honestly and said she had never bought on ebay before, I posted the item the day after the auction ended and emailed her telling her I had sent it. She recieved it today and emailed me saying she was pleased with it but disappointed with the stains (I genuinely didn't notice any marks on it).

Anyway, I emailed straight back to say, ok return it for a refund if you're not happy but she didn't get back to me then left neutral feedback complaining it hadn't been washed.

She has no feedback but I'm not sure what to say, she did pay quickly but gave me no chance to resolve the ishoo. What should I put for her? Stick to the fact she made fast payment or make comment on the fact I had offered to have the sling back?

Ta for any advice.

IwillalwaysBhere Tue 22-Sep-09 14:09:36

I don't think you can leave bad feedback for a buyer can you?

MaDuggar Tue 22-Sep-09 14:17:24

Your options are either positive feedback or none at all. If you leave a negative comment next to a positive mark, ebay can & will remove it.

IwillalwaysBhere Tue 22-Sep-09 14:18:11

Thats what I thought.

Personally I wouldn't leave feedback for her

southeastastra Tue 22-Sep-09 14:21:30

email again and offer the refund or partial refund? also ask her to consider removing the neut

Squishabelle Tue 22-Sep-09 14:43:17

Similar problem here - just started on ebay and why cant you leave negative feedback for a buyer? He was only our third transaction and has really messed us about. He paid by e-cheque? (is that what its called) and we were told not to send item until cheque cleared (took ages). Emailed him explaining this but he just ignored email and just kept asking and asking where the item was. We sent item when cheque cleared but despite repeated requests buyer wouldnt leave feedback so we had to wait ages for the money. Why cant I warn other sellers about him and his deliberate delaying tactics and bad communications? I dont think I like ebay!

southeastastra Tue 22-Sep-09 14:47:00

because ebay is now a buyers market. sellers beware (especially small ones)

DrEvil Tue 22-Sep-09 17:54:15

So I can't leave a neutral either? Rats!

I won't leave anything then as I don't sell enough to be bothered about a neutral messing up my ratings, it just irked that she didn't email and say 'I think it's stained, what shall we do to resolve this' and also when she first contacted me I knew it would be a pain!

Que sera

mygirllollipop Wed 23-Sep-09 09:27:54

What you can do though is comment on the FB she left for you, to say that it had been washed and that you offered full refund on return with no further communication from her.

purplepeony Sat 26-Sep-09 22:47:11

you can leave feedback for buyers- just done it this week.

ILoveStripeySocks Sun 27-Sep-09 09:10:10

you cannot leave negative or neutral feedback for buyers, this has been in place for months & months!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now