Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

MN Jury..

(10 Posts)
geordieminx Mon 21-Sep-09 20:15:40

Am in 2 minds about this and wondered whether anyone could give me thier opinion..

I bid and won some tickets for a wedding show last wednesday - the show was at the weekend. Before bidding I contacted the seller to confirm that she would be able to post them straight away, given the tight timings. - She said that she would post straight away by first class (£2 postage).

Anyway, I won the tickets for 99p (cost £20), and was looking forward to getting them.

Thursday came - no tickets, Friday - no tickets, I emailed her to confirm that she had sent them, yes she had, Saturday no tickets, meaning that I ended up paying full price on the door.,

I emailed her, telling her that they hadnt arrived, and that I was a bit annoyed, she came back with her local sorting office had an unofficial strike on Friday, which was why they were delayed (I only live 10 miles max from her), incidently I have had post every day.

I expected them to arrive today - but still nothing. I have emailed her, basically saying that I am annoyed as I dont think they were posted first class on Wed/Thur, and that they still havent arrived, heard nothing back.

So, do I just accept I'm £3 (+ £22 full price tickets) down, do I contact ebay, or do I leave bad feedback. Bit tricky isnt it?

Any thoughts would be appreciated

TIA

contact ebay - see what can be done.

I think you need to wait 14 days for items non delivery to complain -

wpuld really annoy me though

sixlostmonkeys Mon 21-Sep-09 20:47:56

ask her for a refund.
if she doesn't give you a refund open an item not received dispute and you will get your refund that way.
think about the feedback when and if she refunds you

MrsMuddle Mon 21-Sep-09 21:38:09

Geordieminx, you said on a previous thread that you lived in Glasgow. At work today (city centre office) we got an email saying that there was no mail today and there was none on Friday due to unofficial strikes, so I'd give her the benefit of the doubt.

MrsMuddle Mon 21-Sep-09 21:39:47

Look here

geordieminx Mon 21-Sep-09 21:44:35

I'm in Lanarkshire, so havent been affected by the strikes, but believe that she is in the city centre, but if she posted on Wed/Thurs it would have left the city centre before Friday, so might not have been affected. Maybe. If that makes sense?

If I'm honest I think she was a bit miffed that they sold for 99p - but that was partly due to her listing - they were down as wedding fair, as opposed to Scottish Wedding Show, so didnt come up on normal search?

MaDuggar Tue 22-Sep-09 14:22:34

she could have sent by next day delivery, as there was a time limit. As she didnt, Id open a paypal dispute for a refund straight away.

geordieminx Tue 22-Sep-09 14:24:00

Still no sign of it.... Gggrrr

MaDuggar Tue 22-Sep-09 15:46:50

Have you opened a dispute?

geordieminx Tue 22-Sep-09 17:13:11

not yet but will.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now