Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Fucking argh!!!!!!!!!!!

(17 Posts)
Knickers0nmahead Sat 19-Sep-09 10:01:17

Sold a brand new phone on ebayer. Buyer received today and has put in a claim saying that it isnt new because

''This item is not what i ordered this has been used and although boxed only half the original boxed arrived internal packaging is missing outer sleeve is not there it has also been used as screen protectors have been replace from originals so i would like to return please''

I had this phone returned to carphone warehouse and this was the replacement, brand new phone that they gave me.

Where do I go from here?

My paypal balance is now in the negative.

I am seriously fucked off. I had a feeling something like this would happen.

He has bought lots of these phones on ebay

sad

Niecie Sat 19-Sep-09 10:13:55

Report him - sounds like a scam.

You can't let him send the phone back - he will probably have tampered with the packaging.

No quick fix though. sad

I wonder if there is any chance it may have been tampered with in the post?

Or, if he buys a lot of phones, whether he has bought 2 phones the same and it is the other seller who has sent a duff one.

Knickers0nmahead Sat 19-Sep-09 10:17:54

I have told him to return it and I wil check the IMEI number and the security markings.

So much for trying to pay bloody mortgage sad

Why do people have to do this.

Knickers0nmahead Sat 19-Sep-09 10:20:27

He has bought 14 of these phones since july hmm

Niecie Sat 19-Sep-09 10:47:56

He sounds dodgy.

Why do people do it? If he is dishonest then he knows that he is likely to get away with it and get a cheap phone. Like I say, there is little point you getting it back if he has messed up the packaging and made out it is not new when it was. He knows it isn't worth as much to you. I wouldn't mind betting he would be happy to take the phone off your hands if you gave him a partial refund.

Tell him that you will check the IMEI number when you get it back. It might just get him to back down and 'pretend' he got the wrong seller. Or you could ask him to email you photos of the packaging and the IMEI number which presumably he won't be able to show you if he has not actually damaged the packing and is hoping to sell the phone on himself.

Sorry about the mortgage though - not what you need.sad

Knickers0nmahead Mon 21-Sep-09 12:50:19

Right, just got an email from paypal saying they have giving tracking details for sending it back. I have just had a thought though, what if they just send an envelope recorded or something???? How would I prove that!!!!???? God, I give up with ebay, I really do!

StrictlyAvadaKedavra Tue 22-Sep-09 19:25:41

If you get an envelope delievered recorded simply refuse it

Knickers0nmahead Tue 22-Sep-09 20:09:55

That is what I intend to do! And also, will be checking the phone whilst the postie waits before I sign.

They have only send it back normal recorded according to tracking info on paypal.

ILoveStripeySocks Wed 23-Sep-09 09:03:10

The postie wont hang about while you open the parcel, nor will paypal care if the postie was present or not. Mobile phone scams are rife on ebay Id never sell a mobile on there tbh.

Knickers0nmahead Wed 23-Sep-09 09:57:57

My postie will grin

mustrunmore Wed 23-Sep-09 09:58:49

So would mine!

ILoveStripeySocks Wed 23-Sep-09 10:14:53

lol ok grin you lot have nice posties, but how would that help your paypal dispute?

Knickers0nmahead Wed 23-Sep-09 10:16:33

Because if it wasn't my phone, or any phone at all. I wouldn't sign for it.

I know I have been conned. Really sad about it and had to sell a few other bits to recoup the money.

cheesesarnie Wed 23-Sep-09 10:17:24

knickers-thats awfulsad

my postie comes in for cups of teagrin

Knickers0nmahead Wed 23-Sep-09 10:18:57

mine fancies the arse off me. hmm Just the delivery postie, not the normal postie.

ILoveStripeySocks Wed 23-Sep-09 10:32:11

My posties is a woman who shoves my parcels at me like she hates me sad

Knickers0nmahead Wed 23-Sep-09 15:43:52

Still no sign of it hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now