Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

what am I doing wrong - please look at my items

(34 Posts)

I cant sell any thing WHY?

Knickers0nmahead Fri 18-Sep-09 22:00:04

Listings seem fine to me and very cheap postal costs!

mustrunmore Fri 18-Sep-09 22:03:56

Because they've got 5 and 6 days left to run! No one will bid that early. Esp on clothes; too many to consider.

no, I have re listed them all - theyve been on sale for a week already

BringMeWine Fri 18-Sep-09 22:10:25

Have you listed these items before?

QOD Fri 18-Sep-09 22:13:18

clotheswise people want to know label names sometimes? also the age thing set out as

3 - 6 months might not show up in searches?

mazzystartled Fri 18-Sep-09 22:14:40

ok

If these were my listings I would:

Try to get slightly better pictures - better light, especially on the clothes and photograph against a plain background - to make the colours brighter

Try to include a bit more detail in the title - If you can, include the brand name of the item in the title.You want people to notice the listing in the first place

Add more detail to the listings - more information about the item and enthuse and gush about how nice it is.

Better to go overboard than undersell

Good luck!

mrspnut Fri 18-Sep-09 22:15:13

I always narrow my searches by brand so the fact you have no brands on your listing means I won't find them.

NotanOtter Fri 18-Sep-09 22:16:21

its all summer stuff
its winter

mazzystartled Fri 18-Sep-09 22:17:26

put BNWT on listing where it applies
Put "as good as new" on the used stuff
fill in all the search by categories , age, colour, brand etc.

navyeyelasH Fri 18-Sep-09 22:17:28

I wouldn't bid because I'd assume you smoked and had cats. I also wouldn't bid because the description 9ie like new) doesn't match the look of the item. Could you try ironing it. Also I'm really weird about buying things that have been pictured on a bed, it makes me think your floors are dirdt (But I am weird!).

Also start at £3.99, which is peanuts, but most people bid on things that start at 99p or that might be higher than 99p but also have a bid.

Also some pictures aren't rotated, you don't mention lengths of skirts etc / material etc.

Sorry I am super fussy ebay clothes purchaser!

navyeyelasH Fri 18-Sep-09 22:18:46

Also nothing is branded and you don't use BNWT etc

mazzystartled Fri 18-Sep-09 22:18:52

I'd keep hold of the summery things till spring unless you are desperate.

people looking for 3-6 month summer girls clothes won't buy them till March/April

EldonAve Fri 18-Sep-09 22:20:12

some of your listings don't have the item condition, you need to complete as many of the item specifics as possible

you have spelling mistakes eg Whinnie, Loggs

non branded kids clothes will not sell well, you are best to bundle them

TimothyTigerTuppennyTail Fri 18-Sep-09 22:20:33

I don't think anyone's going to be buying baby summer clothes at the moment.

CaptainScarlet Fri 18-Sep-09 22:22:23

It's all a bit random... list baby clothes, or womens, or toys, etc, not altogether. People shopping for baby clothes want other baby clothes ime.

TimothyTigerTuppennyTail Fri 18-Sep-09 22:22:39

x-post!

EldonAve Fri 18-Sep-09 22:25:38

you should put as much info as poss in your subject line eg

baby girls sandals => Disney Winnie the Pooh Sandals 3-6 mths BNWT

that way people are more likely to find your stuff

fab i am going through and revising the items, thank you

any more advise? O I feel super silly now blush

This is going to sound odd and please don't take it personally, but I don't tend to buy things when photographed on peoples beds or with a lot of their house showing, it just feels to personal and icky.

I brought a really cheap off-cut of mdt from b and q and take all my pictures on that it makes them look more like a catalogue shot which is how people are used to shopping.

also unless you can't bear to sell it for that little start your bids at 99p, people bid, get attached, imagine owning the thing, and then bid higher and higher, wheras they see something for £3.99 and don't even bother to watch it.

Also yy to - list brands and as many words in the description as possible even if it makes for bad englishwink ie Girls Next top tee shirt, make the stuff sound desirable ie lovely, cute^,^gorgeous, stunning even if you think it sounds wanky we are used to being sold stuff amd it seems to get in peoples heads.

Oh and save the summer stuff, really you will get far better prices in spring.

Good luck and happy e-bayinggrin.

Oh and join us here and let us know how you get on.

*too^ personal

MDF*

*B&Q*

*and
it seems

<WildThings slinks away in shame>

ive unlisted several things and am now trying once as a bundle, taken a better photo, and will relist

if i get no responce, i will put away til spring

lovechoc Sat 19-Sep-09 10:56:16

I look at things on Ebay, but never buy. Sorry, am no use really.

pagwatch Sat 19-Sep-09 11:43:48

and clothes lain flat and unironed look like crap.
I iron mine, hang them on a hanger and over a plain white door so they look clean and in good condition.
Starting prices way too high. Start at 99p and people will bid up. Even stuff that I seel for £30 - £50 starts at 99p.

tethersend Sat 19-Sep-09 11:51:04

WRT the clothes- put them on!!!!

Seriously, the amount of crap people buy because you team it with a gorgeous belt and shoes, (and carefully state in your listing that the belt and shoes are not included in sale of course wink). If the skirt is a summer one, wear it with black tights and a polo neck: hey presto, a winter skirt!

Clothes laid flat are poor sellers. The best sellers are ones that sell the 'look' IYSWIM. Would you buy something from a magazine if it were laid flat on even the plushest of carpets?

Borrow a friend or a mannequin if you have to, you don't have to photograph faces- it will make a big difference.

NB- this won't work for baby clothes though; I would hang them against a blank wall where possible.

I would also second another poster about using emotive language- stunning, gorgeous etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now