Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Does anyone put 3 yr olds in babygros? Selling two and no interest yet.

(31 Posts)
Tortoise Fri 18-Sep-09 19:59:37

I have 2 Babygros age 3 listed on Ebay but not even 1 watcher yet.
Do people not put 3 yr olds in babygros?

theyoungvisiter Fri 18-Sep-09 20:04:57

I don't know of anyone who does.

Partly because if they are potty trained it would be nigh on impossible for them to manage it on their own.

blithedance Fri 18-Sep-09 20:10:27

Can you list tbem as being suitable for a chunky 2 year old? Some under-2's are quite hefty and might need 24mths plus.

allaboutme Fri 18-Sep-09 20:12:28

they cant go for a wee in a babygrow!
i've stopped putting my 18 month old in babygrows too as he is too wriggly for doing up all those poppers, much easier to pop him in pj's!

Tortoise Fri 18-Sep-09 20:18:42

How many 3yr olds are toilet trained at night though?
They are probably 2-3y, but label just says age 3.

JeMenFous Fri 18-Sep-09 20:20:36

My 4 were all dry at night by the age of 3 grin.

No way would I have put them in babygros at that age, sorry smile

Knickers0nmahead Fri 18-Sep-09 20:28:39

DD is 2 and I put her in babygrows at night, espc when it is cold.

Lilyloo Fri 18-Sep-09 20:41:22

I love my dd2 in babygrows nearly 2 esp when it's cold!

leothelioness Fri 18-Sep-09 20:54:36

I love baby grows but as someone already mentioned that it a PITA to do a wee in a babygrow as my ds 3 is dry at night too so pj's work better. But many 3 year olds aren't dry so may wear them.

Tortoise Fri 18-Sep-09 21:27:22

Good to see a couple of people like them in babygros. smile
Will just have to keep my fingers crossed someone wants them.smile

WriggleJiggle Fri 18-Sep-09 22:28:00

I put dd (3.5) in babygros (with zips). Are they still classed as babygros? She can manage toileting quite easily, and they are fleecy so lovely and warm.

Tortoise Fri 18-Sep-09 22:38:49

I assumed that popper up ones would still be babygros. Fleece ones i put as sleepsuits. Maybe i should change babygro to sleepsuit too.

My 5 yr old DD still has one babygro that just about fits! She loves wearing it!

KaDeWeh Fri 18-Sep-09 22:39:55

Mine were all toilet trained at two. There's no way I'd have put them in babygros once they were toilet trained. Sorry! Good luck anyway...

cheesesarnie Fri 18-Sep-09 22:41:33

ds is 3 and has one.hes no where near being out of a nappy at night.

allaboutme Sat 19-Sep-09 07:58:29

ds is 3 and not toilet trained at night, but he does sometimes wake up for a wee even so and couldnt manage in a babygrow!
even the ones still in nappies that sleep solid all night will need a wee soon as they wake up wont they?

Firawla Sat 19-Sep-09 09:57:20

if it just says age 3 i think that normally does mean age 2-3
perhaps people with babies bigger than their age will buy it

TrinityRhino Sat 19-Sep-09 09:59:42

I would love to put gecko (2.7) in babygrows but she has been dry day and night since 23 months
<sigh>

masonicpixiesreadthedailymail Sat 19-Sep-09 10:01:32

I use babygrows. But my 4+ yo dd is in nappies and is tube fed over night. Babygrows are ideal for for this as its not so easy for her to fiddle with her tube and go digging in her nappy

Maybe add an sn caveat to yr listing? Also understand them to be good for excema and scratching (tho not sure a second hand babygrow would sell for this reason)

TrinityRhino Sat 19-Sep-09 10:02:05

dd2 (4.3) actually has a pooh bear sleepsuit she loves but it thick fleece and far too hot for sleeping in so she wears it in the daytime grin

but it also has a zip rather than poppers so she can manage to use the loo herself

thedollshouse Sat 19-Sep-09 10:04:27

Ds had one at that age. They are so cheap to buy brand new, probably not the sort of thing that people would go on Ebay for.

masonicpixiesreadthedailymail Sat 19-Sep-09 10:07:55

oh hello TrinityRhino - good to see you

I don't get them big fleecy things either. We seem to get those as presents but they are far too hot for sleeping in

My 30 odd yo cousin got one for xmas t'other year. He asked for it but did make me feel a bit ewwwwww at the thought

KaDeWeh Sat 19-Sep-09 10:32:44

I think dollshouse is right. They're so dirt cheap that people would buy new rather than go to the bother of bidding on eBay. I sent all mine to the charity shop, and even then wondered if I was wasting my time!

Tortoise Sat 19-Sep-09 11:56:38

Mine are new without tags. But i do see what you are saying. smile

notcitrus Sat 19-Sep-09 12:15:01

I just got three for up-to-2 for £1 each locally - I wouldn't pay the postage for getting them on Ebay.

Tinkjon Sun 20-Sep-09 08:00:12

Well I havebeen trying to buy babygros for a 2-3 year old and I can't! I searched for babygro 3 and nothing came up, so maybe somehting is wrong in your listing? (or maybe I'm an idiot who can't search properly ) DD used to wear them all the time at that age but DS is 2 and I the biggest I can find them in shops is 18-24 months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now