Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Any Amazon sellers around - help needed to understand this please

(5 Posts)
WriggleJiggle Wed 16-Sep-09 11:44:05

Have finally plucked up the courage to try selling on Amazon. I have started listing a book I would like to sell. On the final section it tells me how much I will get if it sells and how much commision Amazon will take, but I don't really understand it.

Your price: £8.50
Amazon.co.uk's Fees (if sold) £2.46
Postage charge to buyer on your behalf (if sold): £2.75
VAT on Amazon.co.uk's fees £0.36
Total you will receive (if sold) £8.43

So does that mean if I sell the book for £8.50, I will get £8.43 minus £2.46 (Amazon fees) ?
How much is it costing me to list the book for sale, or do Amazon not charge a listing price?
I think I get some sort of postage money as well at some point?

Its all very confusing.

freyasyummymummy Wed 16-Sep-09 11:46:01

You get £8.43 in TOTAL (ie you will need to take postage costs out of this)

PurpleFrog Wed 16-Sep-09 12:30:57

You get:

8.50 - 2.46 + 2.75 - 0.36 = 8.43

The 2.75 is credited to you towards postage on sale, but as freyasyummymummy says you still have to pay for postage out of your £8.43.

WriggleJiggle Wed 16-Sep-09 18:09:34

Ah ha, it is beginning to make more sense, thankyou.
So, does anyone know if you pay to list items? I think there's a fee for listing it? 86p?

MrsSaxon Wed 16-Sep-09 19:34:14

You don't pay a fee to list, thats the beauty. Just list your items, you only pay when you sell an item. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now