Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Grrr ... overseas bidders !

(12 Posts)
Carrotfly Sun 13-Sep-09 23:32:46

Just sold a couple of tops in a bundle and clearly stated (or so I thought) that was UK postage only.

Just found the auction finished and the winner wants them posting to Russia !?

Should I do it ? My instinct is to say no and give the 2nd bidder a chance, they were only offering 20 p less. Seems a lot less hassle.

Do I reply with a no and then immediately offer the 2nd person ?

Aaah ... someone please advise !

IdrisTheDragon Sun 13-Sep-09 23:35:39

I would say no.

sixlostmonkeys Mon 14-Sep-09 08:49:27

no difference in posting overseas as it is to posting within the uk - just send them an invoice with the correct p&p.

For future listings, if you don't want to post overseas you can set your preferences to block bids from countries to which you don't post

Carrotfly Mon 14-Sep-09 09:33:44

I accept that I can do it Six,

its just that if it gets lost in the ether somewhere, unless I've got the mega ££ signed for postage, then I cant claim anything back from RM and I'm out of pocket aren't I ?

I think I'll go with my gut instinct and say no.

And make sure my adverts all say UK postage only.

Thanks anyway guys.

Mybox Mon 14-Sep-09 09:35:05

Don't see the problem - charge for the p&p.

sixlostmonkeys Mon 14-Sep-09 09:51:29

send an invoice with the correct p&p which will be the p&p for international signed for. Like I say - no different to posting within the uk.

you need to set your preferences not just mention it on the listings

crokky Mon 14-Sep-09 09:52:59

Like SLM says, set your preferences to block bidders from countries you don't post to.

mel1981 Tue 15-Sep-09 12:04:51

I agree if they are paying P&P signed for or not how is it a problem for you?
If you dont want to do it then dont. They might not be happy though and I dont know if they can leave -ve feedback at that stage either.

MmeLindt Tue 15-Sep-09 12:10:01

I bid on ebay UK and am overseas and it is really annoying when this happens.

The buyer will be paying via paypal, so you are covered there.

Find out what the p&p for overseas (signed) delivery is and tell the buyer. You have no more or less work/risk than posting to UK address.

The buyer bid in good faith. Why should they not receive the goods that they bid on?

Bucharest Tue 15-Sep-09 12:11:03

Intl signed for is only £3.70 + whatever the postage is.
Not that bad....it is a bit rude that they didn't mail you first to ask, I have recently sold loads of children's clothes to Hungary, and tbh, I wouldn't have got the price I did from a UK buyer.

stressed2007 Tue 15-Sep-09 21:23:46

query re royal mail - I thought that you can claim back for items lost that were sent overseas with certificate of posting even if you don't get it signed for. Am I wrong?

sixlostmonkeys Wed 16-Sep-09 10:23:03

you are right stressed2007 - RM Site - We provide compensation cover for the value of your item up to the value of 100 First Class stamps in the event of loss or damage

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now