Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

How long do you give someone to pay before submitting a no payment claim?

(3 Posts)
Abubu Fri 11-Sep-09 16:07:05

Hi,

Someone placed a winning bid on my item a week ago. I have sent 2 emails about payment but she still hasn't paid and hasn't responded to any messages.

Do you think 1 week is too short a time to wait before I try to relist it? As a buyer I've noticed that a lot of other sellers stipulate that if items aren't paid for within 3 days that they will relist, is this the norm?

My thinking is that I'd like to use the second chance offer before the bidder who placed the second highest bid gets the same item elsewhere.

In the past I have had a few non payers and each time when they haven't paid within a couple of days they haven't ended up paying at all, so i suspect that will be the case this time as well.

What do you think?
Should I give it longer or try to offer it as a second chance offer now?

Bucharest Fri 11-Sep-09 16:08:41

You have to give them 7 days. Then open a non-payment dispute with either ebay or paypal (last time it happened to me, someone on here told me to do it by paypal not ebay itself as it gets sorted quicker. Lo and behold she paid up straightaway.)

Abubu Fri 11-Sep-09 16:18:46

Thanks.

Stupid ebay. I've just tried opening a dispute and it won't let me until 11th Sept. Unless I am going crazy I believe that is today is 11th Sept?!

I've emailed her to give her one more chance. Grrr.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now