Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

HELP NEEDED! Large collection of duplo bricks, buyer zero feedback from Slovenia.

(18 Posts)
Tortoise Thu 10-Sep-09 22:25:59

Over 3kg of Duplo.
Zero feedback, member since beginning August.

Postage cost will be huge/impossible in one parcel! What do i do?

Owls Thu 10-Sep-09 22:28:44

Give the buyer postage cost and see what they want to do? Don't they then have to pay you before you send it?

Tortoise Thu 10-Sep-09 22:41:57

I can't find postage that will cover it sent as a whole parcel. It could be £30 + send separately!
yes they have to pay before sending item.

Flibbertyjibbet Thu 10-Sep-09 22:42:19

Has the auction actually ended? If not then you can cancel out their bid. If its ended then I would email to say you can't ship that to overseas. Does your listing state that overseas bidders should contact you first before bidding? Or that you ship UK only for this item?

Tortoise Thu 10-Sep-09 22:44:24

Yes auction has ended.
I didn't state UK only in listing but only had UK postage price.

notcitrus Fri 11-Sep-09 08:36:25

Tell them you don't ship overseas (and can't as that is too heavy) and offer a 2nd chance to the next highest bidder ASAP before they find some elsewhere.

Shame.

Tortoise Fri 11-Sep-09 10:19:58

Thanks.
Have sent them a message, hopefully they will get to me soon.

sixlostmonkeys Fri 11-Sep-09 10:34:20

set your preferences to block bids from countries you don't post to in future listings

Tortoise Fri 11-Sep-09 10:36:23

Generally i don't mind sending overseas, didn't think about anyone bidding on these without checking lol!

At least the 2nd chance offer (if they accept it) is only £1 less than this one bid!

mel1981 Fri 11-Sep-09 13:23:02

hi tortoise, have they got back to you yet?
Sometimes buyers in other countries are happy to pay stupid P&P prices. I sent a £10 steriiliser to malta postage cost £9 without packing charges- which I did add cause I felt guilty charging more. But they were more than happy.

mel1981 Fri 11-Sep-09 13:24:53

was meant to say didnt add. doing too many things at once!

Tortoise Fri 11-Sep-09 13:35:03

No reply yet mel.
Postage would have to be in 2 parcels and will probably be over £15 for each one. Impossible to send with tracking in one parcel.

BakewellTarts Fri 11-Sep-09 19:29:57

Any reply yet? I'm surprised they bid without contacting you first I thought that was the SOP with foreign bidders certainly when I've bought from overseas I've checked postage. Bit of a rotten situation to be in sad.

Tortoise Fri 11-Sep-09 20:03:44

Nope no reply sad. How long should i give them? I assume as a new Ebayer/bidder they didn't know.

BakewellTarts Fri 11-Sep-09 20:57:45

I'd sit tight for a while and see what happens...have they paid?

Tortoise Fri 11-Sep-09 21:00:49

No they haven't paid yet. They can't until they know postage cost.

BakewellTarts Fri 11-Sep-09 21:06:26

OK then presumably they will be in touch and if not you can raise a non payer dispute thingy (says she who is very new to Ebay but thats what I'd do).

Tortoise Fri 11-Sep-09 21:20:00

smile Yes i will do that if i hear nothing within a few days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now