Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

How do I get my mony back?

(18 Posts)
eBayHelpPlease Wed 09-Sep-09 22:13:23

Several times now I have been not paid on eBay and frankly I am sick to the back teeth of it.

I read on here before (I think from TDWP) that there is some website/company that work to get your money from these idiots who bid for your item then refuse to pay.

If anybody can help me I would appreciate it so much.

TheChilliMooseisasmadasahatter Wed 09-Sep-09 22:17:29

Paypal?

eBayHelpPlease Wed 09-Sep-09 22:19:07

No, it was a company that worked on your behalf and got your money back for you...

I can't remember their name

TheChilliMooseisasmadasahatter Wed 09-Sep-09 22:22:29

You log it as unpaid with Ebay. After a certain amount of days you get your FVF back from Ebay and cen relist for free.
I'm not quite sure whatyou mean by got your money back. If they haven't paid then you havent sent the item and it's annoying but nothing more.

eBayHelpPlease Wed 09-Sep-09 22:28:29

I know this already, but it wasts my time and therefore my money each time these timewasters do this!

I know there is a site out there that does this, I just wished I had saved their details <kicks self>

TheChilliMooseisasmadasahatter Wed 09-Sep-09 22:32:57

I've never heard of it. How do they work?

eBayHelpPlease Wed 09-Sep-09 22:43:59

They (from what I have gathered when I heard about them before) basically make you go through with the legal agreement they made when bidding with the threat of, or actually using court action. Which they would have to pay for too.

Basically they are just like debt collectors, I assume they add their own charges and threaten more charges and that is how they make the little 'jokers' who bid on anything pay.

TBH, I don't really know much about them, just what they are supposed to do.

I am sure TDWP knows about them, if anybody sees her around can you point them in this direction?

TheChilliMooseisasmadasahatter Wed 09-Sep-09 22:49:42

Cor it seems a bit heavy for what I sell on Ebay, but I guess if you sell expensive stuff it's good.

eBayHelpPlease Wed 09-Sep-09 22:50:02

I think I have found it moneyclaim.gov.uk

Hope this helps someone else

sixlostmonkeys Thu 10-Sep-09 09:59:18

if they don't pay they don't pay - simply get your fees back and relist.
All the time and money you will spend trying to force money out of people would be rediculous.
If non payment on ebay is wasting your time and money imagine what all these proposed court proceedings will do!

TheChilliMooseisforeveryoung Thu 10-Sep-09 11:20:46

I did think the same thing, sixlostmonkeys. It seems rather heavy-handed for Ebay purchases.

mygirllollipop Thu 10-Sep-09 11:35:38

The thing is though if you haven't sent them the item they bid on you haven't lost anything (apart from time, as ebay refunds your fees if you go through a dispute) they don't owe you money for products/services.
I understand they have entered into a legal contract with you, but this is why ebay can't do anything much about NPB's.
It is annoying when bidders don't pay, but you are spending more energy on NPB by trying to go through another company.

eBayHelpPlease Thu 10-Sep-09 12:33:41

Each to thier own I suppose.

I am going to make sure they don't mess me around again

Knickers0nMaHead Thu 10-Sep-09 14:50:43

hmm

squilly Thu 10-Sep-09 15:07:57

I know you form a contract with someone when they bid on something with Ebay, but they don't pay, so they don't fulfil their side of the contract. I can't see how a debt collection office would get involved in something like this.

It is very frustrating when idiots people bid on things then don't pay for them, but there's little that can be reasonably done. You have to just pick yourself up, shake yourself down and move on.

I feel your pain though.

Disenchanted3 Thu 10-Sep-09 15:09:58

lol

hippomother Thu 10-Sep-09 15:15:41

And add the non-paying bidder to your blocked bidders page.

Iklboo Thu 10-Sep-09 15:22:26

If they haven't paid, you presumably haven't sent the item. I doubt debt collectors would want to get involved for ebay listing fees - or the courts for that matter

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now