Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

I have 2 questions about about feedback/comments/ratings

(21 Posts)
mustrunmore Wed 09-Sep-09 08:46:37

1. Do you always send a sep message to buyers/sellers? What I mean is, for example, I have always worked on the basis that if I mark something as dispatched, they will see that? Obviously if there's something specific that needs to be told, I email them. But otherwise no. Just wonderering as I looked at my dashboard thing and it says I have had one low rating for communication, but I really cant think of a time that warranted it.

2. Second question more specific. I've got 100% feedback (somehow has jumped back up from 98.8 to 100 in one day), and a buyer is now threatening to leave negative feedback. If she does, how does that affect my %? Realistically I might only sell or buy 3 or 4 things in the next month, if that makes a difference to the calculations. I get the feeling she'll leavea negative noe whatever I do or say, thats a diffreent story. But will her doing so just put me down a little, or a whole % or more?

Thanks in advance from the tardy ebayer who never reads the rules grin

southeastastra Wed 09-Sep-09 08:48:07

if you have a low comunication thing on dashboard then get a neg, beware! one more strike and you'll be banned.

malovitt Wed 09-Sep-09 08:50:39

I always email to say when I've sent something.

Only takes a few seconds and people appreciate it.

mustrunmore Wed 09-Sep-09 08:57:06

Really? Did you get your account back in the end btw? I did see that thread.

I would send little messages if I only had one or two items to deal with. But for example I recently had about 15 listed on same day, and then life (and dental health!) got in the way as it does, so most of then I just marked as dispatched etc, left good feedback, apart from a pick up item which we communicated alot by text in order to arrange (and who was lovely but has not left feedback yet).

A few months ago I was so hacked off with ebay and buyers that I swore never to use it again, but I got sucked back in. I'm thinking that for selling,I vould just use friends account as it'll be very rare now... no more crap to get ride of grin, but it'd be a shame to lose my buying potential, although I suppose having to get friend to bid would curb my spending!

mustrunmore Wed 09-Sep-09 08:58:13

Oh and does 'low' mean just getting one low rating? It appears I have one low rating for communication. Or does it need to be more to make it low overall iyswim?

southeastastra Wed 09-Sep-09 13:16:01

no, we're two weeks into a four week ban.

would be nice i think to say you've posted something, then they can't get you on communication. you can also generate reports on the seller dashboard thing to see your individual ratings.

mustrunmore Wed 09-Sep-09 13:20:45

Tbh, I'm feeling very defeated at the moment, having delved into some ebay rules. Its all just too much hassle really, isnt it? I can see how I'd want to run my own business, but I wouldnt want to do it on ebay because there's so much thats out of your own control. Even if you do your best for people, there's stil lnothing stopping them lying and putting unfair comments hmm

And now I cant get paypal to give a refund, it says click on issue refund button , but there isnt a bloody button on the screen hmm

southeastastra Wed 09-Sep-09 14:20:05

it's a nightmare trying to get any sort of help as well if you have a problem.

I always e-mail to say when I will post if it is not the next day and then again when I have done it, it is a pita tbh, but so important to keep your rating up.

I do have messages in word that I can just c&p though especially if there are loads to do.

I also always use the say fb for buyers, provided it went smoothly <lazy> grin.

mustrunmore Wed 09-Sep-09 14:28:54

Its very rare that I dont post out same or next day though, as we go past 2 post offices to get to school!

Just seen that even though no more feedback has been left since this monrnin, my stars rating thing has changed; how's that then? It used to say 22,22,22,21. Now it says 22,22,22,20.

paisleyleaf Wed 09-Sep-09 14:35:58

As a buyer I don't expect any communication if there's no problem. And when I come to leave feedback, if the communication is irrelevant, I just give 5 stars as I would if it had been great.
(I have noticed that people have been e-mailing me more recently to say that they've posted the item. Do I need to e-mail back "good").

Mspontipine Wed 09-Sep-09 18:59:32

I don't think the buyer can see that you've marked item as dispatched. That's only for your record I believe.

I always leave feedback on posting I usually say there that I have just posted it. All 48s and 49s for me. [smug smiley]

mustrunmore Wed 09-Sep-09 19:19:28

Really? I always assumed they could see it. Oh well.
ok, another idiotic question then... Ithought I had 22 and 21 or whatver because it was a score out of say 23 or 24 transactions? Is that not right? The way you've phrased your 48s and 49s makes it sound like its not the case, morre than say yours being all out of 49 or 50. Am I explaining that right?

southeastastra Wed 09-Sep-09 19:20:52

i can't work out how they work. it's out of 5 isn't it. ours seems to change hourly.

dp can't remember rating anyone elses transactions.

mustrunmore Wed 09-Sep-09 19:40:43

How canI have 22 out of 5? grin

Mspontipine Thu 10-Sep-09 20:44:24

2.2 out of 5 - but that's awfully low are we talking about the same thing? The star ratings buyers give you to rate your dispatch time, communications, item as described and P+P charges.

Mine are all 4.9 apart from one 4.8. Your "dsr" detailed sales ratings. Just twigged I think. Your 22's - is that how many buyers have left feedback - you need to hover over the stars in each rating to see your score out of 5 - try again

Mspontipine Thu 10-Sep-09 20:47:10

Sorry now read your posts again - most of my input is just confusing things!!

As you were blush

millenniumfalcon Thu 10-Sep-09 20:56:22

yeah the 22s and 49s are how many people have rated you (although why that might go down i've no idea at all).

i also didn't think buyers could see dispatch marking but tbh they mess around with it all so often that might have changed (it would make a lot of sense if they could).

i always mail to say dispatched and i appreciate it from sellers (although not that many do ime) in case it's something bulky i might need to wait in for. i generally give 4 stars rather than 5 for comms if they don't tell me, unless it arrives very quickly in which case i give them 5 anyway.

mel1981 Thu 10-Sep-09 21:26:50

As a buyer you can see if seller has dispatched item the second icon out of the four. after item description on your won list.
I try and send a email to buyers but I must admit I dont always have time too- if I have lots I generally cut & paste them too.

millenniumfalcon Thu 10-Sep-09 21:29:16

oh yes you're right. apols to all those sellers i've marked down blush that is fairly recent though isn't it, as it definitely didn't show on the buyers end when they first introduced it.

Mspontipine Thu 10-Sep-09 21:35:46

Oooooh yes - have learned my something new for today

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now