Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Can a clever Ebay Genius help me with 2 quick questions? Please? (bats eyelashes)

(6 Posts)
champagnesupernova Mon 07-Sep-09 13:00:24

Two questions

I have a large BNIB car-seat to sell - what is best way of offering shipping - which are the best couriers? As imagine Royal Mail/P Force will be ££££££

Also I am selling some toddler clothes for a friend,some good names in there (timberland, Gap, few nike bits)
Is it better to do a bundle (IIRC they are all the same size) or sell em separately?

TIA, clever MNers, you are so wise and I KNOW you can help me with this one
grin

Iklboo Mon 07-Sep-09 13:03:51

Use this website for good courier info/deals courier site - you could also say 'pick up only' so there's no postage costs at all. If you're not happy letting people know where you live you can arrange a public meeting place

As for the clothes - I'd be inclined to sell as a bundle meself, but that's just cos I couldn't be mithered doing separate listings for each - plus if there's a listing fee for each item it would mount up a fair bit

MaDuggar Mon 07-Sep-09 13:10:59

Unless you start them all at 99p, then its free to list. But you run the chance of the items selling for just 99p.

champagnesupernova Mon 07-Sep-09 15:16:57

Thanks both
99p listing thing is interesting - what about shipping costs though?

Mspontipine Tue 08-Sep-09 20:44:49

I sent a car seat Interparcel too - was very happy with them. Actually though if you are sending it to mainland UK you may find Royal Mail Standard Service cost (APRROX £10) pretty competitive as no restrictions on size of parcel - and you get the bonus of dropping off at PO rather than waiting in for pick-up.
I found my parcel way too big for usual "send a parcel for £7 etc offers". quoted around £30 by some shock!! but Interparcel price very good.

Mspontipine Tue 08-Sep-09 20:46:24

BTW buyers will be prepared to pay the £12 odd postage on a large item.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now