Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

dirty item listed as new, What would you do?

(4 Posts)
stoppingat3 Tue 01-Sep-09 15:45:48

Hello, not sure if this is an AIBU thread but don't want to get flamed grin
I bought a top from ebay that was described as new with tags,
When it arrived the "tags" are in fact a blank tag (ie with barcode and description sticker missing) that was safety pinned on. It was a Whistles item so I know that the pin style is normal but the blank tag made me a bit hmm.
Anyway the real problem is that down one side of the top are 6 or 7 white lines, the sort that happen when you put your clothes on after spraying deodorant.
Apart from this its an ok top, not great tbh but ok.
I paid £12,00 plus postage.
I have emailed the seller as the item was described as new and it has obviously been worn if only fleetingly.
What do you think? would you ask for a refund? I know its washable but I wouldn't have paid that amount for a dirty top.
Thanks for your help

I'm not sure tbh, as I buyer I would accept that a BN item would have been tried on, I have brought items from shops with the kind of deodorant lines on that you describe.

I would imagine the tag is blank because it has been bought in a sale and the price part peeled off.

Personally I would have just sucked it up, you win some you lose some with e-bay, £12.00 isn't much for a Whistles top.

MaDuggar Thu 03-Sep-09 07:48:29

Id be returning for a refund, and starting an "item not as described" paypal claim

ScaredOfCows Thu 03-Sep-09 08:13:26

The problem is that if you return the top, you will have to pay the return postage so you will be out of pocket and have no top. The alternative is to wash the top and feel pleased that you have purchased a bargain.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now