Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

'Claim your payment' and everything now comes up with dollars not pounds! Help!!!

(15 Posts)
Eddas Thu 27-Aug-09 21:22:42

I've sold and received payment for a few things lately. 2 items say 'claim your payment' as the status, when I click on it, it wants me to sign up to paypal, but i'm already signed up, the corect account is linked so does anyone know what's happening?!

Also, when I search now everything comes up in dollars and not pounds!

Could these 2 things be linked? Does ebay now think i'm in the US? I've checked and my address is till correct (ie UK)

Any help/advice gratefully received smile

Eddas Thu 27-Aug-09 21:53:13

yay! I've got rid of the dollars, but still really need any help with 'claim your payment'

TIAsmile

MaDuggar Thu 27-Aug-09 22:54:31

YOu are probably signed in on .com and not .co.uk. Doesnt make much difference though, apart from the different currency.

Have you signed up as a seller on paypal? do you have a credit card or bank account linked to your account? You need more than just teh basic Paypal account to sell on ebay.

Eddas Fri 28-Aug-09 08:27:55

thanks maduggar, i don't have a basic paypal account it's the next one up as I had that problem a while ago. I did think maybe it's my account type but it has been accepting other payments so i can't understand why it won't accept these 2. I've also bought things whilst trying to work out what 'claim payment' means and how to sort it!

MaDuggar Fri 28-Aug-09 12:07:21

Is it definitely not an e-cheque? Are you able to check the status of the payment? If its an e-cheque, it will say when it will clear.

Eddas Fri 28-Aug-09 15:17:53

thank you for trying to help. When I check the status it sends me to the paypal sign up screen, it also has an option to upgrade. I wonder if there's a limit on transactions on a personal account? I haven't done many but it seems to take me to the business upgrade section hmm I think I need to contact paypal, that should be fun hmm

Eddas Fri 28-Aug-09 15:26:33

Right, i've checked and I am not up to my receiving limit and I shouldn't need to upgrade. arggggggggggh

MaDuggar Fri 28-Aug-09 17:31:32

Ive no idea then, sorry

Eddas Fri 28-Aug-09 19:15:52

thank you for trying anyway maduggar, it's very much appreciated.

Anyone else have any idea what's going on? Ebay are yet to answer my email query <<not suprised emoticon>>

ilove Fri 28-Aug-09 19:18:09

If you are a new seller it won't let you claim your payment until you have been left positive feedback by the buyer, I believe.

Eddas Fri 28-Aug-09 19:22:04

how does that work then as I won't send it til it's been paid for hmm

I've been registered on ebay for about 5 years and have sold a few bits recently, all of which have been paid through paypal and received no problems. It just doesn't make sense. There are 2 of these 'claim your payment' ones both I have had to contact and look like a right idiot! Still one has been very nice about it, the other hasn't contacted me yet

ilove Fri 28-Aug-09 19:51:47

If the money is waiting to be claimed, it is already there. As far as I know them's the rules now...ask on the Ebay help boards?

mygirllollipop Fri 28-Aug-09 19:53:41

Perhaps your email address is incorrect in the listing?

mygirllollipop Fri 28-Aug-09 20:11:24

Perhaps your email address is incorrect in the listing?

Eddas Fri 28-Aug-09 20:59:43

there's no way of checking the address on my old listing but after consulting the ebay community it appears this must be the issue, although I can't see why as the email address comes up automatically and after doing a dummy run invoice a minute ago it comes up fine hmm very odd.

The solution appears to be to send a request for payment via paypal and ask the buyer to re-issue payment and cancel the first one. What a lot of mucking about. Oh well!

Thanks for everyones help smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now