Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

What feedback should I leave?

(7 Posts)
BlameItOnTheBogey Tue 18-Aug-09 10:02:39

Just bought a bundle of clothes from ebay for DS. The seller sent them quickly and they are nice clothes. But the problem is that they stink of cigarette smoke. Have just looked back at the listing and am now kicking myself that I thought it said 'smoke free home' but turns out it didn't (I usually only buy when it says this). Even so, is it reasonable to send clothes that smell of smoke? (Or is it unavoidable if you smoke at home so tough luck me?) What feedback should I leave given that the item was sent v quickly and the clothes are nice but they stink...

ZippysMum Tue 18-Aug-09 10:08:47

The smell of cigarette smoke is so horrid.

I would say exactly what you suggested;

'Nice clothes quickly sent but smelled of cigarette smoke'

And them give them a really good wash!

BlameItOnTheBogey Tue 18-Aug-09 10:17:20

They're in the wash now smile

I guess I am too soft because I feel bad saying that but it is grim. It's just that it might put other people off buying from her and maybe she needs to money. [too soft icon]

ZippysMum Tue 18-Aug-09 10:23:40

I know the feeling. I ordered something that never arrived (an address book) and eventually contacted the company who gave me a refund and said they'd 'run out of stock', but still, when leaving feedback to say it hadn't arrived I felt bad!

My dad used to smoke and when I arrived at Uni I had to wash all my clothes as I couldn't stand the smell (wierd, though, I didn't notice it so much when I was at home...)

BlameItOnTheBogey Tue 18-Aug-09 10:26:27

Thanks for the reply. I guess that is it; they probably don't realise that they smell of smoke and it seems rude to point it out. Ho hum. Maybe I could just not leave feedback at all?

ZippysMum Tue 18-Aug-09 10:29:59

Yes they probably don't notice. At least they didn't put 'smoke free' on the listing.
Maybe then 'As described, quick delivery'
Hope the smell all comes out in the wash! smile

kidcreoleandthecoconuts Tue 18-Aug-09 13:42:56

I got a gorgeous outfit for my DD from ebay last week and it smelt of cigarettes when it arrived. I was a bit gutted as it was BNWT too. But I loved the outfit and thought if I complained to the seller they might want me to return for refund. So in the end I just washed it and it's fine. I didnt leave neg feedback as I used to smoke and I know how smokers don't realise how much they smell.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now