Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Any advice?

(7 Posts)
geordieminx Mon 17-Aug-09 18:52:55

I'm selling a phone on ebay, obviously I know that these attract more scammers than usual...

Anyways I had stated postage to UK only, but have been contacted by someone who's registered on ebay as being in the UK, but he has asked me if I would post to Lithuania as he is there until Septemeber and would like the fone before he gets back.

If I did send it to him, would I be covered? The first thing I thought of is that would I be able to send recorded? Otherwise I presume he could say that he didnt receive it? Also as it wouldnt be his registered address I loose protection?

Any thoughts would be appreciated?

He has offered to pay the buy it now price which is more than I would probably expect to get if I let the auction run?

SoupDragon Mon 17-Aug-09 18:55:06

I wouldn't.

Aimsmum Mon 17-Aug-09 19:12:52

Message withdrawn

geordieminx Mon 17-Aug-09 19:44:52

Its the fact that it isnt his registered address either...

ilove Mon 17-Aug-09 19:48:07

You should only post to the registered paypal address, by insured delivery.

leenasmom Mon 17-Aug-09 20:11:02

you will not be covered to an overseas unregistered address ...I would not send... I have sold to overseas ppl but they were registered there as i think may have been the case with Aimsmum(assuming here sorry).
If it is a good phone I'm sure you will sell to uk bidders if no interest wait till sept to send to uk address just in case it gets delayed in the post on its way overseas and then you will have a buyer asking for a refund.

geordieminx Thu 20-Aug-09 21:59:23

Told the guy to poke it after advice on here.

Got an email from ebay tonight, saying that they could see that I had been in communication with buyer xxxx, and that his account had been hacked by someone else... I'm guessing the guy in Lituania... wankers.

Glad I didnt send it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now