Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

how long do you wait for a paypal buyer to pay for an item? I've been waiting 4 days and heard nothing.

(9 Posts)
Meglet Mon 17-Aug-09 15:49:52

I sold an item on thursday and sent an invoice, but haven't heard back from the buyer. (I always pay for an item the day I win it, but I may be in a minority). How long should I wait before going for the second chance offer bidder?

bubblagirl Mon 17-Aug-09 15:58:54

i think you have to give 7 days i usually state payment in 3 days but some set up bids to go automatically and may be away for few days so i do tend to give 7 just in case

Meglet Mon 17-Aug-09 16:02:10

thank you. I'm obviously impatient then grin. I suppose he could be on holiday so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

bubblagirl Mon 17-Aug-09 16:04:24

i always give benefit of the doubt as i know sometimes people have been patient with me lol but it is annoying

FlyMeToDunoon Sat 22-Aug-09 08:40:20

Can I resurrect this thread and ask if after the 7 days you should contact the buyer again [have already sent invoice] or just report them and relist?

seeker Sat 22-Aug-09 08:45:53

I woudl send a reminder. I bid for something a while ago and completely forgot I had even bid for it! The seller send me a nice email after 7 days and I paid, with huge apologies.

FlyMeToDunoon Sat 22-Aug-09 08:50:07

Ok
Was vaguely hoping they won't pay up as the item sold for peanuts and I could relist.
grin

seeker Sat 22-Aug-09 08:57:43

Ah. In those circumstances I wouldn't send a reminder!!!!!

FlyMeToDunoon Sat 22-Aug-09 09:09:12

Ooops too late!
I have done the right thing.
Hopefully they are away on holiday or something.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now