Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

How do I open a paypal dispute?

(4 Posts)
Flibbertyjibbet Fri 14-Aug-09 09:33:09

Item in much worse condition than described, (ie slight sun fading is actually really bad sun fading all over) which I could have lived with... but

Item has a very visible piece broken off in a place that was not visible on the listing photo (its a polly pocket house, listing showed it open so you couldn't see the roof, roof has a chunk missing on the front eaves).
Was bubble wrapped and in a box so can't have been broken in transit, and the piece isn't in the box anyway so must have been packaged up broken.

Have politely emailed seller Wed eve expressing my disappointment and asking him to confirm that if I return the item I can have a refund.

His listing states no refunds but I'm not having that as an excuse if the item is not as described AND broken!!

He already has some negs saying item not as desribed...

Am getting in flap with kids under my feet and can't see how to do a paypal dispute please help!

Oh and with a dispute if sucessful do I get the whole lot back or just them item cost not postage please.

motherlovebone Fri 14-Aug-09 09:51:09

you can start from your ebay page, go to items i won, theres a drop down box to the right of the item description, go to report a problem and follow it from there. hope you can follow that!! and dont worry, paypal will hold the money for you, and be on your side, just takes time....

motherlovebone Fri 14-Aug-09 09:57:35

ok, its changed...go to paypal, log in, first page, top, go to resolution centre, dispute a transaction, follow it from there.

Flibbertyjibbet Sun 16-Aug-09 23:42:33

Thanks! I couldn't see it anywhere in ebay, durrrrrr I hadn't thought of going to paypal to open a paypal dispute grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now