Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Thurs 4.10pm any ebay smartypants around again - I have an urgentish question :)

(7 Posts)
mumofdjandbabies Thu 13-Aug-09 16:12:10

grin

Can a seller end an item to let you be the highest bidder when there are only a few hours (under 12) to go on the auction and there are bids already? The price has been agreed but we dont know how to do it!

can you talk this numpty through it, I would be the hughest bidder not the seller. Thanks in advance grin

mrspnut Thu 13-Aug-09 16:18:36

I don't think you can, if there was longer to go or no bids then it'd be easier.

Someone that knows more than me may be along soon though.

mumofdjandbabies Thu 13-Aug-09 16:20:36

thanks anyway

Chulita Thu 13-Aug-09 16:27:09

You can, hang on a mo
pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/end_early.html
"It is acceptable for sellers to end a listing early and sell an item to the highest bidder at their current bid price. Bidders are permitted to contact sellers with requests to end a listing early for this reason; however, sellers are under no obligation to do so. To end a listing and sell to the current high bidder (at their current high bid), go to the End My Listing Early form and select "Sell to the high bidder"."

mumofdjandbabies Thu 13-Aug-09 16:30:38

hoe did you find that form please so I can tell the seller Thanks!

Chulita Thu 13-Aug-09 16:40:22

In the 'help' section at the top of the page, type in 'end listing early' and it comes up with various pages, the first one has a link to the form.
HTH

mumofdjandbabies Thu 13-Aug-09 16:49:32

yes thanks it sure does

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now